Getting off the Norm (KurosawaKazuno)

(Published January 2, 2021)

No One's POV

The sound of chatter from the people of the town is filling the atmosphere with energy. The same can be told for the happy noises the animals are making. A certain group in particular have been making excited noises that might make some of the people in area turn to them with their brows raised.

It was only them in the diving shop of the Matsuura's. It was the holidays plus the water is very cold, so they are more likely to not have any customers on a day like this.

"What have you got is mind, Sarah-san?" Chika asks the person on the phone. The called person puts a hand under her chin, looking to be in a tight position until the slight movement of her lips upward. This was not taken as a slight slip and the members caught the small action, making some of them stand up and point a finger to the figure in the phone.

"Ahaha! As expected of Aqours, you never miss a thing!" Sarah is clutching her stomach. The direct contrast from her serious face earlier. "Yes, yes. I do have something in mind. Look forward to it."

She catches her breath, makes a smile towards the phone, her little sister slightly peeking from behind her, and hangs up.

"What!?" Mari stands up from her seat and slams her hand on the table.

"Did she just-!?" Kanan stops herself by clenching a fist.

"Now what do we do?" You asks the main question in hand.

"I don't know..." With her brows furrowed, Riko answers.

"We got no plan and we have until the end of the day. We're screwed!" Chika holds her own head, like an idea would have come out if she dug into her skull.

"Hanamaru-chan!" The group faces the brunette that is real close to the person in question's sister.

"Zura!?" In surprise of the sudden attention, she sits up properly, her hands balled on her own lap.

"Call up Ruby-chan!" Yoshiko continues for the group.

"Roger, zura!" Understanding her role, Hanamaru puts a hand over her head in a salute with a smug smile on her face.

Quickly running through her contacts, the needed name was already in the top part of the list so there was no difficulty for the brunette to navigate. The phone continued to only sound ringing, slowly building the nervousness of the group along with each ring.

The number you have dialed is currently unavailable. Please try your call later or leave a message after the beep.

At that the group felt like they melted back down onto their own seats, devastated.

"Let's just do it like we always do." Chika mumbles to herself with her head down on the table.

"Or just simply go with the flow." You gives a follow up. The group nod their heads at the conclusion they've come up with.

"By the way, what do you think Sarah-san's going to do?" Chika rests her chin on the table, looking from one side to the other in a slight observation of the other girls plopped on their own chairs.

"No idea." Yoshiko answers in a heartbeat, not wanting to wrack her own head any longer than they already did.

--

"Was that alright Dia-san?"

"It was perfect." The called girl shows a thumb of approval to the person who just put down the phone she was just holding.

"Are you really sure about this, Dia-san?" The younger of the two in front of the called girl peers closer and asks about her decision.

"Yes. Those guys should really celebrate on their own and welcome the new year with their own family than celebrate my birthday. And I believe being with my little sister and you guys are enough of a gift already." Dia brings Ruby closer to her side and makes a fond smile towards the Kazuno sisters, making their faces heat up a bit. The older of the two did a good job of fighting it off, the younger had trouble and just simply grips the back on her older sister.