I Missed You (NicoMaki)

No one's POV

A black-haired girl in pigtails is in her room facing a book. She was wearing a normal plain pink dress.

"Ahhh! I'm bored! Staying here cooped up in the palace is so boring!"

"I'll find a way out of the palace in the garden."

Then she went to the palace garden and saw a hole hidden by a bush.

She went in and out of the hole.

She saw the town for the first time. She was in the palace since birth so she didn't know how other people live outside of the palace.

As she was walking through town, she stumbled upon a certain redhead who was running away from someone.

She was curios of this redhead.

'Why is she running away? Why are her clothes dirty?'

She followed the redhead until the redhead came inside an abandoned house.

The redhead noticed someone following her. She looked at her back before entering the house.

"Who are you? Why are you following me?" The redhead asked.

"I'm Yazawa Nico. I'm following you because I'm curious of what you are doing." Nico answered.

"Who are you and what are you doing with that bread?" It was now Nico asking some questions.

"I'm Nishikino Maki. I stole this bread to feed us today." Maki replied.

"Us? There are others?" Nico asked again.

"Yes, there are three of us. We are orphans and I'm taking charge of taking care of the other two." Maki answered. "Follow me."

Nico followed Maki inside the house where she saw to other girls. One was a brunette with light purple eyes covered in a broken pair of glasses and the other one was an orange-haired with bright golden eyes.

"Maki-chan! You're back!" The orange-haired girl exclaimed.

"Welcome back Maki-chan." The brunette said.

"I'm home." Maki replied.

"Nishikino, who are these guys?" Nico asked.

"The one wearing glasses is Hanayo and the other one is Rin." Maki introduce the other two to Nico.

"Hello.... I'm Koizumi Hanayo...." Hanayo said in a whispering voice.

"Hi! I'm Hoshizora Rin nya~!" Rin now introduced herself in an energetic way.

"And I'm Yazawa Nico. Pleased to meet you. Feel free to call me Niconii." Nico introduced herself.

Maki laughed at how Nico introduced herself which caught Nico's attention.

"Why are you laughing?" Nico asked angrily.

"Just because~" Maki answered now having tears falling from her eyes from laughing so hard.

Nico is looking at the laughing Maki with an annoyed face.

"They seem to be getting along wrill, Rin-chan." Hanayo said.

"Yep, Kayo-chin. They might become very good friend nya~." Rin replied.

Then dusk came.

"It's already so late, I need to go home." Nico said worriedly.

"Time really does pass by fast when you're having fun." Hanayo said.

"Will you come back tomorrow nya?" Rin asked.