Fem!Byleth X Reader- Practicing for the White Heron Cup (Request)

More info: Fem!Byleth X Shy! Reader

Here I am posting my finished oneshot when I should be sleeping. I really need to stop posting these so late.
Anyways, this was requested by _Allfandomsaregreat_!
Enjoy!

As professor Byleth explained battle strategies on the chalk board, (Y/N)'s mind drifted somewhere else completely, her eyes glued on the professor. (Y/N) found her professor extremely beautiful, finding herself staring at her from time to time. It had gotten to a point where her small crush on the professor had gotten a bit obvious to some of the students, but, they promised each other they'd keep it a secret from the professor for the girl's sake.

"Psst, Psst. (Y/N)? Hey, snap out of it. You're staring at the professor again," Dorothea whispered to (Y/N).

(Y/N)'s cheeks became red, as she quickly snapped out of it, "A-Again? Oh, Goddess, I am so sorry. I'll try not to do it again."

Dorothea chuckled, "Whatever you say."

Each class would go like this, and it would end up with poor (Y/N) beet red of embarrassment, not daring to speak or look away from her desk for the rest of the lecture.

The end of the school day came slowly, too slow for (Y/N), but when it did, the girl quickly grabbed her books. She could not stand to stay in the same room as the professor any longer. If Dorothea had noticed her staring, then the professor must've had as well! Just the thought of it made her want to hide in a deep hole forever.

(Y/N) was about to leave with Dorothea when her professor (it just had to be), called out for her.

"(Y/N), would you mind staying here a bit longer? I need to talk to you about something."

'Oh, no, no, no. I hope it's not for staring at her, instead of paying attention...'

(Y/N) gulped, "Hum, a-alright."

Dorothea leaned in to whisper in her friend's ear, "Good luck~"

The shy girl elbowed her friend, whispering back, "Dorothea, stop it!"

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry. Bye, (Y/N)."

(Y/N) sighed, "Bye, Dorothea..."

And so Dorothea quickly left the classroom, leaving (Y/N) and Byleth alone.

Byleth invited her student to sit down on a chair in front of her desk.

As, (Y/N) sat down, she found herself too nervous to look up at the professor, instead looking down at the professor's wooden desk. The craftsmanship of this desk was nearly perfect...

"(Y/N)."

(Y/N) shyly looked up from her desk, "Y-Yes, professor?" She spoke in a quiet tone.

"I asked you here to talk to you about the White Heron Cup. Are you familiar of it?"

"The... White Heron Cup. I've heard of it from my mother, yes. It's some sort of... dancing competition, of some sort?"

The professor nodded, "For the White Heron Cup, each House must choose its representative. And so I thought the best choice would be you."

(Y/N) felt her jaw drop at the news.

"You did tell me once that you liked dancing. Is that not true?"

"I- Of course it's true but- I could never dance in front of so many people, I just can't! And to be fair, I'm not the only one who knows how to dance, you know! Dancing is actually considered basic knowledge for any noble! So, that being said, you could've chosen anyone! W-Why me, exactly?"