Edelgard X Reader- Confession (Request)

Request: TopFedoraCrew
Warnings: None
Word count: 528
Gender: Female
Additional Info: None

I had a lot of fun writing this! Shy Edelgard is awesome 😔👍🏼
I probably have two or three oneshots with this same title... and with the same person in it *cough* *cough*
Enjoy!

Edelgard had been wanting to do this for so long. She had lost count of the evenings she spent in front of her mirror, rehearsing the speech she spent days writing.

It should be a simple matter- A confession, but Edelgard thought it below her status to give one that wasn't befitting of her Royal status.

So she wrote a speech and rehearsed, pulling inspirations from the classics she would find in the library- Perfect for a princess, she thought.

Weeks went by. She knew it by heart and finally, she felt ready- Ready to confess.

"(Y/N), may I speak with you?"

(Y/N), confused, looked up from her book. She closed it and said yes. The princess pulled her to the side, led her to her room. The girl quietly followed her friend.

"Is something wrong?" She quietly asked, concerned.

Edelgard looked back at her for moment, quiet and very stern. She slightly frowned yet said nothing.

Her cheeks became a light pink, "You don't need to worry."

But (Y/N) worried- What was going on?

Edelgard sat her down. (Y/N) quietly looked up to her friend, still confused.

A couple of seconds passed, whilst the two girls were looking at each other. (Y/N) was waiting for something to happen, while Edelgard was mentally rehearsing her speech.

Finally, she gulped and started:

"(Y/N), I could not have been more honored to have partaken in this wonderful journey with you. You have always been there for me, in the bad and in the good equally. We have laughed and we have cried. You have taught me so much and I could not have been more grateful. But now, I stand in a place where I know that this friendship has evolved into something much more-"

"Oh! I get it now!" (Y/N) murmured to herself, cheeks red at the realization.

"What?" Edelgard muttered, looking down at her.

"Edelgard," the girl chuckled, "Is this... a confession?"

For a moment, the princess remained quiet, before finally answering, "...Yes."

"You wrote this whole speech for me?" She asked, bewildered. Edelgard shyly nodded, "You shouldn't have! Really!"

Edelgard, clumsily tried to come up with something to say but this was not supposed to happen, this wasn't apart of the speech- Everything was going wrong!

"W-What-" She frowned, hopeless.

"You didn't have to go through all that!" (Y/N) said, laughing. She was so relieved to hear that nothing bad had happened- It was completely the opposite!

Caught up in the heat of the moment, (Y/N) was so happy and relieved that she just went up to Edelgard and kissed her, much to the princess' surprise.

She didn't know she could just... do that! How odd this all was! But she liked it, and she would be lying to herself if she said she didn't. Who would've thought?

"You could've just said 'I love you', you know?"

"I... I'll remember that for next time," Edelgard muttered, still in shock. Everything was moving so fast, "I love you..."

Something was telling her that being in love with (Y/N) was going to be an experience like never before.