Annette X Reader- A true soldier (Request)

Request: @ThunderFuse
Warnings: None
Word count: 635
Gender: Male
Additional Info: None

For the Annette lovers, this is a win. Almost two Annette oneshots in a row.
Enjoy!

(Y/N) had trained for many years and had finally become a soldier in the army. He had excitedly awaited the moment when he'd finally be able to charge into battle and fight.

But when this day finally came, (Y/N) found himself too frightened to step any further. He was stuck, nervous and scared. He had waited all this time. Why was he scared now?

Annette had noticed how frightened he was, and since she loved to help those in need, she decided to help (Y/N) conquer his fear.

She told him about her determination about helping him out, but (Y/N), despite thanking her for her kindness, wanted to decline, for he thought it was a hopeless cause.

"You should just give up. It's of no use," he sadly admitted.

But Annette did not want to give up. She wasn't the kind to give up, let alone so quickly.

"Don't give up! You shouldn't! I'll help you become the best soldier ever!"

For a second, he thought the girl had gone crazy, but her offer did interest him.

"And how do you intend on doing that?"

Annette stood quiet, in thought. She didn't really know how to help him, it was true. How was she supposed to help him overcome his fear of battle?

"I'll... Make you some sort of routine. A routine that you'll have to follow every day... You'll be over your fear in no time!"

The plan sounded delightful, but it was so broad, that it needed some specifics.

"Right... Well, I'd honestly love to hear your routine when it'll be done," he said.

Annette's eyes lit up and she smiled. She was already starting to imagine the end results although she hadn't even started yet.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

After Annette put so much thought into elaborating her extraordinary routine for (Y/N), she finally showed it to him. He was quite impressed, albeit a bit worried.

"This sounds pretty nice, but it's gonna take a while... 'Fight dummies'- That seems pretty normal, and so does most of it, but... 'Stay in the dark for two hours straight'?"

"Well, what if your battle takes place during the night? You have to be ready!"

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

Annette and (Y/N) tried their best to make the routine go as smoothly as possible.

They worked from early morning to late at night, and did their utmost best.

Finally, a couple of months had passed. (Y/N) felt ready. Here came the last trial. If he passed, then he was ready. The man felt in his heart that he was ready. He was sure of it.

The last trial was the most difficult of course.

Annette put (Y/N) in a pitch black room, and made him wait for two hours straight, just like in the routine. He had gotten so used of the dark that he didn't really mind it now, but he was starting to grow worried. Was this really the trial?

When he least expected it, he heard a scream, and someone move around him, challenging him with an axe.

Good thing he had brought his own weapon with him, for he fought the mysterious entity with much bravery and skill- And let's not forget that he did it in the dark too.

In the end, the unknown foe fell, and the lights were on. It was Annette all along (plot twist *jazz hands*).

She threw the axe in the floor and raised her arms, "Congrats, (Y/N)! You've passed the test!"

His eyes lit up and the soldier smiled, "I did?" He couldn't actually believe it.

"Yeah!" She said, hugging him, "You're a true soldier now!"

And it was true. He really had become a true soldier, and when the next battle came, he was the most ready out of all his comrades.