Ferdinand X Reader- The misunderstanding (Request)

Request: @Songl3ss
Warnings: None
Genre: Fluff
Word count: 1263
Gender: Female
Additional info: After Timeskip/ After the war ended

I'M SO GLAD SOMEONE FINALLY REQUESTED THIS BEAUTIFUL MAN HE'S AMAZING I LOVE HIM MY EVERYTHING AAAAH 😭😭😭
Enjoy!!!

Ferdinand and (Y/N) had been friends for years, ever since childhood.

Brought close because of their noble status and their noble houses' friendships, they had been through a lot together, and the war was but a small part of it.

They were always there to support each other, through thick and thin, no matter when, no matter why. They would always have a shoulder to lean on in need.

After becoming this close over the past two decades, alas, it was only natural that (Y/N) had began to fall in love with Ferdinand, despite trying not to.

It was a pointless crush that would lead nowhere.

(Y/N) wasn't blind. She had noticed Ferdinand spending more time with Dorothea, once they had finally set their differences during the war. They had seemingly grown close and quite fond of each other. It was obvious.

But (Y/N) knew that it made Ferdinand happy, spending time with Dorothea. He was always blushing and smiling wide whenever he came back from a visit with her, so (Y/N) never objected to the relationship.

'It hurts, but what am I to do? If this is what makes him happy, then I'm not one to interfere. I'd rather see him happy then break it all off over some silly crush. It'll go away.'

But it never went away. It kept on bothering her. And the more time passed, the more uneasy and pained she felt whenever she saw Ferdinand spend time with Dorothea. It made her want to avoid him as a whole, just so she wouldn't have to experience the heartbreak.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

Ferdinand invited (Y/N) over for tea, and no matter how much (Y/N) wanted to, she couldn't decline the offer and avoid him this time, so she reluctantly came over to his estate.

As soon as they sat down, Ferdinand breed them some tea and spent no time asking about how affairs were back at her own estate.

"Fine, for the most part. The war has certainly had its impact. But overall, it's fine," she replied dryly, sipping on the tea.

Ferdinand smiled, relieved and even proud. He knew that she would get far in life, "I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. It must be difficult to take over such responsibilities, especially during such times, but I knew you could do it. You have what it takes to become one of the most brilliant nobles Fodlan has ever had! I'm thrilled that we even finally have the chance to talk again. Ever since the war ended, we haven't been able to spend that much time around each other. It was the only good outcome from the war- How much time we spent together," he declared, a little saddened.

Ferdinand missed her dearly. It was noticeable from the way he was talking about her. He was fond of her, but (Y/N) was too blinded by what Ferdinand and Dorothea had to notice.

But after some sour thoughts, the man smiled softly, continuing, "Truly. We should do this more often. I've missed you, (Y/N). And so has Dorothea! She's been asking about you lately but I never had much information to give her, since we don't spend as much time together as we did before. It's a shame. Dorothea would love to see you again."