Camilla X Reader- Truth and Honesty (Request)

Request: FinalPersonaEmblem
Warnings: None
Word count: 1428
Gender: Male
Additional Info: Prince!Reader X Camilla
• (K/N)=Kingdom name

I really liked writing this one, despite having completely forgotten the name of the kingdoms for a good second- It's been five years since I've finished Fates, don't judge me ;-;
Enjoy!

In times of war like these ones, relations had to made with nearby kingdoms, and swiftly.

The battles against Hoshido were becoming harsher and harsher by the day, and we needed more people on the battlefield, more brilliant minds who could lead.

Princess Camilla's marriage with (Y/N) from the (K/N) kingdom was one of those fairly important marriages that was decided years ago. It would allow a steady alliance between the two countries, and ensure prosperity.

Nohr needed that marriage more than ever now, now that it was at war against Hoshido.

"I'm sorry, Camilla, but think about who you're doing it for," Xander told his sister as he rest a reassuring hand on her shoulder, "We need to form an alliance more than ever now, and how else could that happen, unless we give them something in return?"

"I'm not something to be given away, Xander!" Camilla cried out, getting away from his hand.

"Camilla, you are a princess. You represent much more than yourself, in a marriage like this one."

"I sometimes wish I didn't have this... title that so many envy."

"Everyone has battles to fight. You just happen to have this one."

And with that said, the crown prince let Camilla go. As soon as she found herself in her room, she sobbed relentlessly, not ready to get married yet, under such horrifying circumstances and for such reasons that had nothing to do with what she used to read about in books: love.

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~

In those times of war between Hoshido and Nohr, Xander allowed this marriage, but under one condition: it had to take place in Nohr, and so the (K/N) prince would have to travel there.

Xander, far too busy with war meetings and with the handling of legal matters this marriage would bring, left Camilla waiting by the gate for the arrival of her soon to be husband. Leo was there too, for moral support, and by pure curiosity.

"Nervous?" He said with a slight smirk, but he realized his question was stupid. Under the poise and elegance with which Camilla held herself on a daily basis, hid something similar to fear and she even seemed nervous.

"I'll try not to be, for the sake of our country."

"Always so obliging, dear sister."

"I hope he will be nice, at least. I wouldn't like to marry an old bachelor," Camilla muttered under her breath. She then threw her brother an overly exasperated look, "How sad would that be?"

Never had Leo seen his sister so edgy, and the sarcasm in her voice was the finishing touch. It made him laugh, but he immediately had to stop, when he heard the man at the gate announce the prince's arrival.

"We'll soon see, sister. I hope he is to your liking."

"It doesn't matter, in the end," she sadly said, her eyes glued to the gates. They were slowly opening.

"Well," he scoffed, "It would certainly be a nice bonus, don't you think?" Leo quickly added, before turning to the gates himself.

A swarm of guards were surrounding someone who seemed to quite young, actually. Camilla thought it must be a messenger at first, but at closer inspection, he seemed far too well dressed and well put to be anyone less than a noble.