Dorothea X Reader- The haunted house (Request)

Request: @Herosperger
Genre: ?
Warnings: None
Word count: 500
Gender: Male
Additional Info: Modern AU

Enjoy!

"Oh, come on! It'll be fun!" Dorothea excitedly replied, begging like a toddler.

"Absolutely not! Dorothea, you know that I get scared very easily.."

"I know, but the last haunted house we visited was last year. Besides, this one is small. You won't get scared easily, I promise."

"I don't know. I'm not sure- I mean, you're right. It's smaller than the last one we visited..." (Y/N) said, glancing at the house. It was a one floor house, but still. Haunted houses were never his thing. He avoided them as much as he could, but Dorothea loved them, and it was difficult to say no.

"Hm, fine. L-Lets get in. But make it quick?" He muttered, already pale.

Dorothea smiled, "Of course," she pressed a kiss against his cheek, "Thank you. I'll hold your hand if you'd like."

"T-That would be nice..."

~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~

Inside the house, it was pitch black. (Y/N) didn't expect anything less from a jointed house but it made him terribly nervous.

As per Dorothea's suggestion, he was holding onto her hand.

"Come on. Let's try and walk down this hallway.. Maybe it'll get us somewhere?"

"Do whatever you want, but please, just get us out of here as fast as possible. I'm going crazy."

"But (Y/N)! We only got in a couple of minutes-"

When Dorothea turned her back to the door to face her boyfriend, a man in a costume jumped out a door to scare them, which worked.

(Y/N) screeched so bad and pressed Dorothea's hand so hard that she believed it almost broke for a minute.

As per Dorothea, she jumped a little when she saw the man, but it was nothing compared to his reaction. His hand was shaking in hers.

She sighed, tugging at him, "Okay. Lets make this quick."

~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~

A couple more jump scares came along the way and with each one, (Y/N)'s state only worsened until he was on the verge of tears and until Dorothea's hand was aching from all the pain.

Finally, the two of them got out of the house, and as soon as she saw him in the light of day, she gasped.

"Goddess, you look horrible! You're as pale as a ghost!"

"How convenient," he grumbled. They had met a couple of ghosts in there. Maybe some of that rubbed off on him.

"I-I'm sorry for ruining the experience for you," he muttered, ashamed.

"Don't worry about it. Despite you tightly grabbing my hand at each jumps scare, I had a lot of fun. I was more worried about you. That's why I decided to take the short route."

"No, but still, I'm really sorry. I get scared easily. And your hand..."

"Yeah, you pressed it quite hard..."

(Y/N) looked at it, embarrassed, so, to lighten the mood, Dorothea chuckled and continued, "Hey, not everyone's perfect. You're amazing. The fact that you're scared of haunted houses is not important to me," she replied, smiling softly.

He sighed, relieved, "Good. Because I'm never going in again."