Jeralt X Reader- No matter what (Request)

Request: @ReinMoira2000
Genre: No idea
Warnings: None
Word count: 918
Gender: Male

Maybe OOC Jeralt? Maybe not? No clue. Hope it's good though.
Enjoy!

"How stupid can you be? You shouldn't have done what you did! It was my mistake and yet you're the one who's suffering the consequences of it. Your recklessness is going to be the death of you!"

(Y/N), an arrow piercing his chest, laid down on the grass in pain, while Jeralt, hovered over him, tried his best to take it out.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I simply did that to protect you, you know? I prefer having an arrow pierce my chest then pierce your own."

He chuckled, but the pain was getting worse.

"I'm tougher than you are, Jeralt. I can make it through no problem."

"I'm not even sure what to do. If I take it out, then you'll lose too much blood. But Goddess knows what happens if I leave it in."

"Leave it in!"

Jeralt, unsure what to do, grabbed (Y/N) as gently as he could, resting him upon his shoulders.

"Let's get you out of here."

"And what about the others?"

Jeralt didn't answer, as he ran as fast as he could to safety.

~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) was now with Manuela in the medical room. Jeralt waited outside. He wasn't allowed to come in until Manuela told him otherwise.

It was an anxious wait. Jeralt was extremely nervous and ill at ease.

He blamed himself for what happened. He had been so stupid. He should've been more careful, knowing that his friend's life was at stake.

It only made his state worse when he realized that maybe this could be the last time Jeralt ever saw him alive- And what would his last words be? How did he act during their possibly last exchange? Terribly. It was horrible. Jeralt didn't even want to think of the possibility but the image only grew more visible in his mind.

What if Manuela came out that door to tel him (Y/N) was dead? All because of him.

It was driving him insane and it got him thinking about his wife. Goddess, he would do anything to not live through that again. He still saw her there, in front of him, still, pale and cold- Dead.

"Goddess, Jeralt! You look worse then your friend in there! You're as pale as a ghost and you're shaking!"

Jeralt, taken out of his worries, didn't even notice Manuela standing in front of him, a little worried.

"How's (Y/N)?"

Helping him get up, he lead him by the arm towards the medical room.

"Oh, he's fine! The wound is deep but I did what I could and he should be fine in a couple of weeks."

Jeralt went infaide the infirmary room while Manuela closed the door behind him fo leave the two of them alone.

(Y/N), in the medical bed, seemed bored but when he saws his friend enter, he smiled wide.

"Jeralt!"

But his eyes widened when he saw Jeralt's unstable state.

"Man, you look terrible! You're sweating like crazy!"

Jeralt sat down next to (Y/N).

He seemed serious, which wasn't unusual, but it still worried (Y/N) a little.

"Listen, I want to apologize. You weren't at fault back there, I was. You just did what you thought right, and I appreciate you for it. But it shouldn't have cost you what you're going through."

(Y/N) smiled, "I don't care what it would've cost me. I would've done it anyway, since it was to save you," he sighed, "Sure. You should've been more aware of your surroundings, but hey, everyone's human. It happens," he smiled, looking up at Jeralt, "Even to the best of us."

He rested his hand upon Jeralt's, which quite frankly, surprised him.

"So don't beat you're self up for it, really. This is fine. And I know you would've done the same for me too."

"Of course I would've," he sighed, "But that doesn't mean that this should happen again, for neither of us."

"Right, of course. I'd do anything for you, sure, but this hurts! And I wouldn't want you to get hurt either, no matter the reason."

Jeralt, a little bit less tense, lightly chuckled. Even in situations like these, (Y/N) still made him laugh.

But Jeralt then went serious again, looking (Y/N) in the eyes.

"(Y/N)... Are you hungry?" He said it cautiously, a little bit nervous in his tone.

"I really am, actually,"

"We should go eat something then. Get you something nice."

"Yeah. I wonder what they're serving at the cafeteria today."

"I was actually thinking of taking you somewhere else. Change things up a bit," Jeralt said, blushing lightly.

"Oh, really? Where do you want to take me?"

"Somewhere nice... Manuela told me of a restaurant once. It's not far from here."

He chuckled, "If it's Manuela that recommended it to you... It's probably one of those couple-y restaurants, isn't it? The ones with the nice dinner tables and silver platers?"

That was the point, but (Y/N) didn't have to know it, really.

Jeralt blushed, lightly frowning, "Probably. I don't know. I've never been there myself."

"It wouldn't bother you to go there with some guy like me- A poor guy who looks like hell because of a wound? What would people think?" (Y/N) joked, a sly smile upon his face.

"To hell with what people think!"

He laughed, "I was joking, Jeralt. I don't care what people think. Sure, I'll go there with you. Bring your nicest suit because we're gonna have fun tonight!"