Mercedes X Reader- Out of your comfort zone (Request)

Request: @Zawwefan
Genre: Idk
Warnings: This differs from canon. Mercedes here has a mother and a father who are together
Word count: 803
Gender: Female
Additional Info: Mercedes X Shy! Younger Sister! Reader

The other request should come out soon. Sorry it took so long!
Anyways, enjoy!

"Mercedes, we would like you to take your younger sister with you at the academy for a day. It would be of tremendous help..."

This was what Mercedes' parents left her with, and the girl gladly accepted to take her sister with her to the Academy.

(Y/N), her younger sister, was very shy, and so, to push her out of her comfort zone, her family thought it a good idea to let her go to Garreg Mach with Mercedes so she could socialize a little more.

"Do I really have to go?" (Y/N) shyly asked, as Mercedes was getting her ready in her room.

"You don't want to?"

(Y/N) looked down at the floor bashfully.

Mercedes, who understood what she was too scared to say, replied, "Oh, you don't have to worry. Everything will be just fine. My classmates are some of the nicest people I've ever met. You'll love them."

"You really think so?" She seemed slightly relieved, although she was still extremely nervous.

"I know so," she led her outside, "Now come on. The carriage is waiting."

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

As the two girls were about to enter the Blue Lions' classroom, (Y/N) stopped.

"You're still nervous?"

The younger girl nodded.

"Take a deep breath, alright? You'll see that everything is going to be just fine. Everyone's very excited to meet you."

She looked back at Mercedes with eyes wide open, "You told them I was coming?"

"Of course! Now, let's get in there, shall we?" She chuckled, "We wouldn't want your big sister to be late to class, now would we?"

So the two girls entered the class, and as soon as they did, eyes turned towards them, and some of them even began to show welcoming smiles, when they recognized the sister Mercedes had been talking about.

The Blue Lions' professor, Byleth, who was about to start the lesson, headed towards the girls.

"You must be the special girl we've all been hearing about! Im your sister's professor: Byleth. I'm glad you came to stop by, (Y/N)," Byleth said, lending their hand to (Y/N) for her to shake.

Reluctant and nervous, (Y/N) looked back at Mercedes for some kind of approval.

"Introduce yourself, (Y/N)," she whispered, gently pushing her towards the teacher.

"N-Nice to meet you too... Byleth," she awkwardly shook their hand.

"Well, now that that is settled, how about you take a seat- Next to your sister, I assume? There must be two spots next to Annette in the front. You don't mind sitting in the front, right?"

She muttered no, then followed her sister to their seats, next to Mercedes.

"How about you sit next to Annette? She's my best friend and she'd love to have you next to her," Mercedes said.

"And what about you?" The girl whispered.

"I'll be right next to you."

As (Y/N) sat down, Annette was quick to introduce herself.

"Hi, (Y/N)! I've heard so much about you! My name's Annette. I'm sure we'll become great friends!"

(Y/N(, startled by such an upbeat attitude, didn't know how to respond (Me, as an European, whenever I'm with Americans). Instead, she just blushed and nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, so hum..."

The lesson wasn't that interesting to (Y/N), so to her, it was almost a relief when Annette turned towards her to tell her something. It was a new feeling to her.

"Y-Yes?"

Annette blushed, "Maybe it's embarrassing to ask you this since... I should already know that, but... Are you... Mercedes' daughter?"

Mercedes, who heard, bent her head forward to look at Annette.

"Annette! She's my sister!"

Now, the redhead was blushing even harder.

"Oh my Goddess! I'm so sorry! I didn't know!"

(Y/N), surprised at the question, and at the way Mercedes replied, couldn't help giggling. It was the first time she broke into laughter that day. Annette and Mercedes started laughing too.

"Girls, be quiet," Byleth ordered, turning their around.

"We're sorry, professor. We won't do it again!" Annette apologized, but as soon as the professor turned their back, she looked back at the two girls and started giggling again.

Surprisingly, this short exchange somewhat brought (Y/N) closer to Annette and less shy.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

Much to the girl's surprise, the day went extremely well.

By the end of the day, every Blue Lions student seemed to really like (Y/N). They even asked her to come back another time, if she wanted to, but the girl wasn't so sure.

Sure, she felt a little more confident after all the socializing, much to her family's relief, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to go through it again. It was hard to get out of her comfort zone for a whole day.

But still. They were so nice. Maybe she'll go there again... Some day.