Marianne X Reader- Reading fairytales with Dorte

Hello, everyone!
I'm back :) But unfortunately, that does not mean that I will go back to writing as much as I did before. I will try to update every once in a while, but don't expect any fast updates until July.
School is still hella stressful but the hardest part is supposedly over, so less stress, more writing/drawing :))
Besides, I'm on a holiday for two weeks, so maybe I'll post something else soon, idk.
ALSO, when it comes to requests, they are now OPEN, but it will take a bit more time to complete them.
Anyways, I hope you'll like this oneshot I wrote yesterday.
Enjoy!

Seated on the chaff, a book in hand, (Y/N) would always enjoy spending time at the stables with Dorte.

(Y/N) would read fairytales from her favorite book out loud to Dorte, while the horse silently listened to (Y/N)'s stories and small comments she would make between sentences.

She didn't care if this was the hundredth time she read these fairytales- This was her favorite book in the world, and nothing was going to stop her from adoring these stories to bits. By now, (Y/N) knew about each plot twist, each ending by heart. So, of course, (Y/N) wanted to share them with Dorte.

Dorte was a horse, so it couldn't possibly get annoyed or make any comment whatsoever about (Y/N) rereading the same fairytales all over again- Unlike humans.

(Y/N) badly wished to share her love for fairytales with her friends, but, unfortunately, their interests lied elsewhere. Sure, they would sometimes agree, but whenever (Y/N) read out loud to them, she felt guilty and could tell that they were bored- So, (Y/N) settled on reading fairytales to Dorte instead.

Today, after finishing lectures with Professor Byleth, (Y/N) directly headed to the stables to see Dorte with her fairytale book- Like always.

Plopping on the chaff, (Y/N) sent a few chaffs flying around, with one landing on Dorte's nose.

"Oh, I'm so sorry- I'm just so excited, you know," (Y/N) swiftly apologized, brushing the chaff off the horse's nose.

"Anyways, where was I?"

Landing on the bookmark she had earlier set between pages, (Y/N) smiled widely when she fell upon the pages she and Dorte had stopped at.

"Oh, right! We had stopped at that moment when the princess was about to kill off the dragon."

(Y/N) let out a light chuckle, "One of my favorite parts... Anyways, let's get into it, then!..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

'I wonder how Dorte's doing. It's been a while since I saw her,' the blue haired student told herself, hunched forward, as she slowly made her way to the stables.

In her hands she held a brush. Marianne guessed that Dorte's hair probably got tangled again after all the missions she's been through.

"Dorte, I'm back- Hm?" She hushed, but the Golden Deer quieted herself.

Marianne was about to push the door open and enter Dorte's compartiment, but a familiar voice resonated from behind the door, which threw her off- Marianne lowered her hand, and pressed her ear against the wooden obstacle, separating her from her dear horse, which was in someone else's company, but who's?

"And then, the dragon, which seemed so majestic beforehand, fell upon the ground in a large thump! The warrior princess looked down at it with pride- She was able to take down the dragon."

'That voice is so familiar... And... Is she reading a tale?' Marianne wondered. That fairytale seemed awfully familiar to her.

It was clearly a girl's voice, but the tone she was expressing herself in was so drastically different to what Marianne was used to- It was confident and powerful. It was difficult to pinpoint whose voice that belonged to exactly. It slightly sent shivers down her spine.