Corrin X Reader- Your presence (Request)

Request: @I_Am_Ocean
Genre: Fluff
Warnings: None
Word count: 528
Gender: Female
Additional info: Male! Corrin X Reader

A quick fluffy request.
Enjoy!

(Y/N) had been a little down lately. She wasn't as lively and she rarely talked anymore. It was quite the grim sight.

Corrin realized that maybe his friend just needed some help to lift her spirits up, so he came to see her one afternoon in her apartments.

"Corrin... Hello," (Y/N) greeted, as she opened the door to reveal Corrin, standing outside, a worried expression on his face.

"(Y/N), I've been looking everywhere for you," he frowned lightly, "May I come in?"

A little surprised at the request, (Y/N) let him in without a word.

"(Y/N), I need to ask you something... It's about your behavior these past few days- You've been acting a little strange. I just came by to see if anything was wrong."

"Me?" She tried to deny it with a smile, but it didn't quite reach her ears, "Everything is fine. No need to worry about me."

"You don't need to deny it, you know. I've noticed," The prince noted.

Her eyes widened, quite surprised, "I never thought you would... You can be a little oblivious at times." (I'm not even sure if that's true I forgot)

"Well," Corrin blushed a little, "When it comes to the people I care about, I always try to be a little more attentive to these sort of things- Just in case."

It was her turn to blush, "I see," she muttered.

After a moment of awkward silence, (Y/N) sighed. Might as well say it since Corrin wished to know.

"Listen, it's true that I've been a little... down these days, I suppose- Melancholic. But there's no need for you to worry. It happens. With all the fighting, the loss and the blood, the homesickness... I guess I'm just tired and it's harder for me to be in a good mood."

To Corrin's surprise, (Y/N) laid down on her bed, taking deep breaths. It was as if she were alone in her room.

"I just want to sleep a little. I promise that by tomorrow, I'll be happy- Just... I don't feel like it today," she muttered to herself, closing her eyes.

"May I join you?"

She opened her eyes again, only to look at the prince with utter disbelief.

"What?"

"Perhaps my presence could somehow... comfort you? I know your presence does that to me."

"It does?"

"I haven't been that well these past few weeks either, but your presence has always lifted my spirits, no matter how bad it got. I would like to try and help you too, at least a little."

"Corrin," she smiled softly, "Come here," (Y/N) tapped the empty spot next to her, "Your presence soothes me, now that I think about it. I would love for you to stay..."

Corrin smiled, and the blush on his cheeks crept up to his ears. He eagerly joined her, shuffling next to her.

Both of them let out a sigh of relief, before closing their eyes.

(Y/N) chuckled lightly, "Corrin?"

"Yes?"

"I wish we could stay like this forever- basking in each other's presence."

Corrin looked back at her, "Me too, (Y/N). Me too."