[Modern AU] Anna X Reader- Anna the waitress (Request)

Request by: @idkgoodstuff
Warnings: None
Genre: • Modern AU
               • Coffee shop AU
Additional information: • Male Reader
Word count: 707

It's a tad bit short but I hope you'll still like it :) (also I had NO idea what to call this oneshot lmao)
Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N)'s home was utter chaos.

His younger cousins had come to visit, and so the house had become noisy and unbearable, and so (Y/N) found himself unable to study in his bedroom, or well, anywhere, without his little cousins barging in and bothering him with questions and with their mere annoying presence.

Especially with the important essay which was due in a few days, he couldn't possibly write it with his cousins running around, so (Y/N) had to leave the house and start working on his essay in a calmer space.

He opted for the small coffee shop down the road. It was a quiet place very few people knew about, which was perfect because it meant that it wasn't that crowded.

When he entered the coffee shop, it was almost empty, with barely four or five people sitting around.

The only waiter who seemed to be working at this time was Anna, a red haired girl who was always there whenever (Y/N) came in.

(Y/N) couldn't deny that she was most certainly the cutest waitress who worked at this coffee shop, and that he always enjoyed it when she called him nicknames and made small chat with him. But today was perhaps not the best time for it.

Anna eyed him from behind her phone as he walked past her, and she seemed a tad bit disappointed when the student didn't order anything from her, so she went back to aimlessly scrolling on her phone.

(Y/N) sat down at an empty spot, took out his laptop, and began to type out the outline of his essay, while Anna would more often than not would sneak a few glances back at him.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) had only noticed how late it was getting, when he realized that most people were beginning to leave the coffee shop, until he was the only client left.

Anna, who was still behind the counter, washing the dishes, noticed that the boy was the only customer left, and seeing how much he had been working for the past few hours, decided to make something nice for him to enjoy.

Anna approached his table and set a lemonade right next to him, which unglued (Y/N)'s eyes off his computer screen.

"Huh?" He glanced at the lemonade and then at Anna, "Oh, I, huh... I didn't order anything."

"Well, you sure do seem to be struggling with... whatever you're working on, and I have taken a liking to you, so I thought I could make you a little something to enjoy."

Anna pushed the cold lemonade towards him.

"It's on the house."

He shook his head, pushing the lemonade back towards the waitress, "No, no- I can't accept this. Or, if I do, I might as well pay..."

(Y/N) pulled out of his pocket his wallet, which he began to search for a few bucks he could give Anna for the lemonade.

"Some extra cash does sound amazing, but no- It's on the house."

It was her turn to push the lemonade towards him again.

Anna winked, leaning against the table.

"When you'll take me out, you'll pay then."

Looking up from his wallet, (Y/N) eyed Anna, flustered, wondering if he had heard her right.

"W-What?"

Anna pulled o it a chair and sat down at his table, leaning against the table. She had a wide smirk on, which only deepened the boy's bashfulness.

"You heard me, cutie. It's not every day you get a regular who's this handsome."

"I... Huh... Thank you?" He muttered under his breath.

The fact that the cutest girl in the whole coffee shop thought he was handsome certainly had an effect on his cheeks, which were becoming beet red.

"Thank your looks, not me."

Anna pulled out one of her apron's pockets a little notebook, the one she took orders with, and a pen. She wrote down something, ripped out the page out of the notebook and handed it out to (Y/N) who reluctantly took it.

On it was written what seemed to be the waitress' phone number, as well as a little 'call me' by it.

Well this was going to be an interesting experience.