Ferdinand X Reader- Rejuvenated (Request)

Request: @W8ASEC123
Warnings: None
Word count: 908
Gender: Male
Additional Info: None

I had so much fun writing this!! I love Ferdinand and I absolutely ADORE fluff that takes place in a field of flowers. It's so wholesome and appealing to me. Someday, I'd like to just nap in a prairie, listen to music and daydream until night comes around.
Anyways, enjoy!

"A walk?"

Ferdinand nodded with a beaming smile.

"I have found just the place for it. Not too far from here. We'll go there after class is over," he leaned in closer to (Y/N) and genuinely, "Does that sound like something you'd like to do? Because if you don't want to, I'm sure we can find something else-"

"What? No! It sounds lovely, Ferdinand. A walk it is. Besides," he lightly chuckled, "It's been a while since we got away from the school for anything but missions. I really need the getaway, I think, and who better suited for a companion?"

"Well," Ferdinand blushed, beaming with pride, "It better be me!"

(Y/N) rolled his eyes in jest, "Who else, Ferdinand! Is that even a question anymore."

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as the class ended, Ferdinand pulled his boyfriend to the side and shoved a straw hat in his hands.

"A straw hat? Where are we going, Ferdinand?"

The redhead laughed, "You'll see. Come now."

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

"A field of flowers! It's so..."

(Y/N) was at loss for words.

But it really was beautiful. Flowers as far as the eye could see. A vivid and diverse array of colors and kinds of flowers, all laid out until the horizon line.

And the smell! It filled both boys' nostrils as soon as they stepped in the prairie.

Truly a wonder for all senses.

"... Beautiful? Poetic? Romantic?"

"... so you! But yes," he laughed, "The other words fit too. Very clever choice for a walk, indeed," (Y/N) looked at Ferdinand and smiled, "You always know where to go."

"I sure hope I do! Only the very best for my (Y/N)."

Ferdinand then pressed a light kiss to (Y/N)'s cheek, to which he lightly blushed.

"Well... Shall we take a walk then?"

"We shall," Ferdinand took (Y/N)'s hand in his and so they began to walk.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm glad you brought the straw hat, Ferdie. The sun is killing me, but I guess that's summer for you. Even at this time of day, it's just as intense as ever."

Ferdinand furrowed his brows, "Do you want to sit somewhere? I'm sure we can find some tree we can sit beneath. It's true that we did walk for a good hour or so."

"That would actually be nice. I don't know about you, but I'm feeling a little dizzy," (Y/N) began to furiously wave his hand across his face in order to create some sort of breeze, but his face would not become any less red. The heat was getting to him.

Finally, Ferdinand pointed to a tree, and so they sat down beneath it.

(Y/N) sighed, as he rested his back against the tree and closed his eyes. He took his straw hat and swayed it across his face.

"Better?" Ferdinand asked, as he sat down a little closer to his boyfriend.

"Much better. I can feel my face becoming colder, and less red, I hope."

"Ah," Ferdinand shrugged, awkwardly laughing, "It's a little red, especially at the cheeks, but I find that adorable. It suits you."

For a good minute or so, (Y/N) continued to agitate his straw hat. He then opened his eyes and looked at Ferdinand, who was still closely sitting next to him, the elbow on the ground and his head in his palm, calmly looking at him. What a beautiful sight he was! He could stare at him all day.

"How about now?"

"What?" Ferdinand snapped out of his thoughts and lightly furrowed his brows.

"My face. Is it less red?"

"It's disappearing."

Ferdinand continued to look at his boyfriend with wonder and a dream-like gaze and a light smile plastered across his face, but then he sighed, as he laid upon his back next to (Y/N).

(Y/N) looked down at him with a frown, "What's wrong?"

Ferdinand looked up at him and earnestly said, "I would like to kiss you, but then you'd become red again and all progress would be lost."

"It's true," he murmured, "But I don't mind. Since you asked for it so kindly."

And so Ferdinand kissed (Y/N) under the tree. It was very nice, but Ferdinand was right. His boyfriend's face immediately regained the color it had lost.

"Ah! Thank you, (Y/N)," Ferdinand beamed, "Suddenly, I feel as if rejuvenated!"

(Y/N) laughed and rolled his eyes in jest, "Come on. You're being silly. Kisses don't do that. But do you know what does?"

"What?" Ferdinand raised a brow.

"A nap. I'm going to take one right now," he closed his eyes and motioned for Ferdinand to scoot over, "Join me. You'll feel very rejuvenated after it."

"Fine, if you say so," the redhead obeyed, but not without a little reluctance. He wasn't much of a nap-person, but still, if it pleased (Y/N), he would do anything.

"As much as a kiss? Are you sure?" Ferdinand smirked, looking at (Y/N).

The boy nodded, before eyeing the bag Ferdinand brought with him.

"You brought a book with you?"

Ferdinand nodded.

"Could you read me a chapter?"

He read him a chapter, and at some point, both of them fell asleep. Ferdinand with the book still open in his lap, whereas (Y/N) resting against his boyfriend.

It was a wonderful way to fall asleep, in a field of flowers. And truly rejuvenating.