Fem!Byleth X (child) Reader- Welcome to the class! (Request)

This was requested by @paultiteuf360. This is technically the first time I ever wrote a Male Reader Oneshot, especially as a child, so I'm sorry if it's crappy. I didn't say that the reader is male in the title, but I will say it here: it's a boy. Anyways, I hope it's readable and yes, I did include the Blue Lions in this because they're my children. The title is a little misleading since he didn't part of the class, but I didn't know what else to name the oneshot.
Enjoy!

Ever since Byleth saved the life of the young orphan, (Y/N) from a group of wandering bandits, the boy grew attached of the mercenary. And to everyone surprise, Byleth even took it upon her to take care of him.

At first, Byleth didn't really know how to take care of him, with all the missions and classes she had with her students, and the little, six year old boy didn't seem to have much of an answer either. So, she occasionally asked Hanneman or Manuela to take care of him while she was gone. But (Y/N) grew bored of staying with her adoptive mother's collègues while she was teaching, and would plead her to bring him with her. Each plea was more fervent then the last, and so Byleth had a hard time resisting them. After some time, she had even promised the little boy that if he would continue behaving properly, she would consider it, and even accept. When the mercenary told Manuela about it, the older professor was too, on (Y/N)'s side and would give Byleth a thousand reasons to why she should bring the little (Y/N) with her to her classes.

Motivation for the students... bla bla bla... educational... bla bla bla... And so on.

When Hanneman heard everything about it from Manuela, he too agreed that it was a good idea to at least try and bring the little boy to her classes. Being exposed to such an environment at a young age could be very good for him.

The two older professors bugged her about it every time Byleth would take (Y/N) to their quarters, before her lectures. All this was making her head ache, and so on one day, Byleth announced with confidence:

"I'm bringing (Y/N) to class with me, tomorrow."

Manuela looked up from her cup of tea, and Hanneman from his massive spell book. Their faces lit up simultaneously, as they spoke in harmony, "Tomorrow?"

Byleth nodded. She thought of this for quite some time now, and she definitively wasn't going to back down now.

"If things go well, I'll bring him to my lectures more often. But, would it be alright if you would still take care of him once in a while, when I'm on missions. Taking him with me on these would be dangerous for him..."

Manuela smiled kindly, "Oh, of course. Having the little boy with me once in a while would be my pleasure," the end of her sentence held a sadder tone, "It'll make me feel less lonely, with all the men that have dumped me recently..."

The grey haired professor gave Manuela a stingy glare, "Manuela!"

He turned to Byleth, and nodded, "We will gladly take your boy in, once in a while, Professor."

Byleth displayed a small grateful, "Thank you. Well then, I'm off. (Y/N) and I are going to grab some dinner at the dinning hall."

The little (Y/N) was plying with some toys Flayn had offered him as a welcome gift in the first month at the monastery. He was very happy with them, and would serve as a good distraction for when Byleth wasn't around.

The mercenary got up from her seat and approached (Y/N).

She kneeled so they could be at the same height, "Are you hungry?"

The little boy jumped onto his feet, "Yeah!"

He wrapped his little arms around Byleth, and looked up at her, "Can you carry me? Pretty please?"