Lucina X Reader- Prom date (Request)

Request: @Zawwefan
Genre: Light fluff towards the end
Warnings: None
Word count: 578
Gender: Female
Additional Info: Teen!Lucina X Teen!Reader

I changed the prompt a little, making it as Lucina tells Robin who she likes, instead of (Y/N). Hope that's okay.
PS: Never went to prom in my life but it looks fun (at least it does on Disney Channel).
Enjoy!

Prom was coming soon, which made (Y/N) nervous.

Everyone was starting to ask each other out, and many of them said yes. The number of people without partners was starting to shrink, and it felt like (Y/N) was the only one without a date.

Well, there was also Lucina who was without one. The fact that they both happened to be without one made her nervous but it also gave (Y/N) some hope.

She was thinking about asking Lucina out herself.

Of course, it seemed like a very ambitious task on (Y/N)'s part. The two of them were in the same class and were friends. (Y/N) wasn't even sure if Lucina liked girls in the first place. Sure, some of her friend's gestures could've been interpreted as more, but (Y/N) never looked further than that.

Was it worth the shot, risking a friendship (Y/N) treasured?

It was and she was ready to ask her out: it was now or never.

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N) woke up that day fully determined to ask Lucina out as soon as she saw her.

In the almost empty classroom of their first period, she was excited to finally see her friend, but her heart was starting to race in her chest. This was really happening: the moment of truth.

But when (Y/N) finally go to Lucina, she noticed that she wasn't alone. She was with Robin, another classmate and they were talking.

When Robin asked Lucina out to the upcoming prom, (Y/N)'s heart dropped.

"Robin... I really appreciate the gesture but I'm going to have to decline. I like you but..." She didn't justify any further. (Y/N)'s heart clenched.

"Who is it?" Robin asked. He didn't seem that affected by her refusal but he was curious.

"It's (Y/N)," she blushed, "But I'd like to be the one to tell her. I'm thinking about asking her out later... Sorry Robin."

"It's okay," he shrugged, "I wish you luck. You deserve it, Lucina," Robin simply said, going back to his seat.

(Y/N) couldn't believe her ears. Was it really true? With all the joy in the world trapped inside of her, she went up to Lucina. She just had to. This was it.

"Lucina, would you like to come to prom with me?" She asked it so happily, knowing the answer would be yes.

Her friend's (not for long) eyes widened with shock, and as she was finally hit with the e realization, she said yes.

They both happily jumped around and hugged each other. It was a very sweet moment and even Robin couldn't help but smile too.

"I have to tell you, Lucina... I kind of listened to your conversation with Robin earlier, and I would've loved for you to be the one asking me, but I just couldn't help myself! I just had to ask you first," (Y/N) confessed.

Lucina, smiling from ear to ear, pulled her to the side, looking at her straight in the eyes.

"(Y/N), I love you. Will you do me the honor of going to prom with me?" Lucina repeated, with all the love and determination in her voice.

"Yes! Yes! It sounds even better when you say it!"

Both of them laughed, Robin congratulated them, and even some other classmates joined in too. It was like a modern time fairytale and (Y/N) and Lucina couldn't wait for prom.