Lindhart X Reader- The mystery (Request)

Request: @Jaxx_Writes_
Warnings: None
Word count: 639
Gender: Female
Additional Info: None

Hey guys. You know the drill: I disappear for a month then come back
Trying my best to write this before my phone dies 💀💀
Enjoy!

Many weeks of chaos and panic led to relief, after two girls: Seteth's sister, Flayn and Claude's sister, (Y/N), who had gone missing, were finally found, safe and sound.

But despite appearances, something was wrong.

Hanneman had noticed something odd about (Y/N). He couldn't put his finger on it but he demanded he run some tests on the girl.

(Y/N), a girl who had a crest, didn't have one anymore. The professor didn't understand were it went and how it happened. No one had ever 'lost' a crest before. It was strange and despite all the research he did afterwards, it still remained a mystery.

Claude didn't believe him. To him, his younger sister seemed just fine and nothing felt out of the ordinary. Many agreed with Claude. This seemed impossible.

But (Y/N) didn't agree. She felt something inside her had changed and everything felt off somehow, like something had been lifted off her. She knew she had to do more research and she needed answers now.

She decided to seek Lindhart, a student who was passionate about crestology. He showed promise and (Y/N) thought it a good idea to see him.

For once, Lindhart gave up his tired persona for his curious and determined one. He had already heard about this case and he was glad (Y/N) came up to him.

"This has never happened before. Do you understand that if we solve this case, this might lead to one of the most extraordinary discoveries in crestology?" Lindhart declared.

He was excited, compared to (Y/N), who was nervous.

"So you'll help me find out why I lost it?" She seemed hopeful and she trusted him.

"I'll try to," he said, "But we'll have to go over some specifics first, obviously. Do you remember what exactly happened when you were abducted?"

She didn't say anything. The episode was still foggy and gaped to her, but it wasn't like she really wanted to recall it either. The few instances she did remember were ones she would rather forget.

"No... It's all a blur."

"You don't remember anything at all?"

"No, but... It was all horrible, the few moments I remember. I don't want to think about them again," she muttered, "I'm sorry."

Lindhart sighed, "Well, that's not going to help us. If we want to understand what happened, then you have to remember."

"I'm really sorry..." She said again. (Y/N) couldn't help but break down into tears. She hid her face in her hands.

Lindhart, who stood in front of her, looked down at her crying. He sighed and, as he sat down next to her, he awkwardly pat her back.

"I just want my crest back... Why did they have to take it away?" (Y/N) muttered.

"You can live your life without having a crest. Crests shouldn't mean this much to anyone, unless it's for research," he said.

"You don't understand..."

Lindhart sighed, trying to find something comforting to tell her. He wasn't the best at it.

"I don't understand, but I can see that it means a lot to you... And I am determined to making this ground breaking discovery. I'll try my best to help you... your way- For the sake of crestology, but for your sake as well. I'll try to find out what happened by not bringing back those bad memories," he softly said.

She looked up at him, still teary eyed.

"And maybe we'll get it back too, but of course, it'll take some time and much efforts, from both parts. How does that sound?"

She sniffed, nodding. She knew it would take some time, but Lindhart's comforting words did the trick, almost. And after some time spent next to him, (Y/N) felt much more composed and ready to uncover the mystery alongside Lindhart.