Xander X Reader- Jealousy (Request)

Request: @AlicePastore3
Warnings: None
Word count: 772
Gender: Female
Additional Info: None

I'm assuming the reader is female? I forgot to ask what gender the reader is, so @AlicePastore3, if this isn't it, let me know so I can change it!
Anyways, enjoy!

Xander was a stern and stone cold man. No one seemed to be able to take a peak at his thoughts, at what happened within his mind.

He concealed everything from everyone, and showed them what he wanted to show to the world.

He wanted to appear like a king, a kind yet merciless king, and he portrayed that image awfully well.

But Xander was human.

~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~

It would be a lie if (Y/N) said that everything was going very well that day.

She tried to approach her good friend Niles, but he kept on avoiding her- Why, she wasn't sure. But he had that worried and annoyed frown on his face that would always come back whenever (Y/N) thought she had finally caught him. Then, he would leave her alone again with some excuse, and at some point, (Y/N) felt too stupid to try and go talk to him.

Xander, who, conveniently did not have anything to do that day, roamed the castle until he finally fell upon (Y/N), just as he pleased, although the expression she bore was the opposite of what he wanted.

"Is something the matter, (Y/N)?" He kindly asked, as he looked down at his friend, who was seated alone on a bench.

She looked up at him, and yet his sig did not change her expression, "I wouldn't say that..." She muttered embarrassed. Xander sat down next to her.

"Would you like to confide in me?"

"I don't know... I wouldn't want to bother you, your majesty..."

"Bother me?" He softly chuckled, "You wouldn't bother me for the world. I have been waiting for a moment to finally talk with you in private for so long," he admitted, and (Y/N) slightly blushed, for that sounded quite out of the ordinary for the prince.

"Well..." She sighed, "I feel like Niles is avoiding me. He's been avoiding me all day and I'm not sure why... I would like to apologize to him in case I said something wrong, but he won't even let me talk!"

"I see," was all Xander said, and on his face, he displayed an expression of guilt and yet he seemed moved by her words.

"It isn't your fault."

"How can you be so sure?"

"It's me," he guiltily admitted, "And I pray you forgive me for the mistake I have made."

"What do you mean, prince?" She asked, slightly alarmed and confused.

"I was the one who told Niles to not talk to you for the day. I just happened to have the day off today at last, and seeing as how you were always with him, I..." He blushed and frowned, "I wanted to stay with you alone. I suppose you could say I was-"

"Jealous! Your highness, I never thought you a jealous man!"

"I am, I am," he admitted, "I may be a prince but I'm still human, after all. And is it not normal for a man to be even a little jealous when the woman he loves spends all day with someone else?"

And then it all clicked for (Y/N), for the truth was finally all out. Speechless, (Y/N) stared at the floor.

Xander thought she was angry at him, and so he excused himself, "I shouldn't have done what I've done. I let my jealousy take over me, and I beg for your forgiveness. You may not love me, and for me, that's pain enough, but at least forgive me," he then painfully muttered, "I'll let you hang out with Niles afterwards."

"Oh, Xander," she softly muttered, looking back at him. It was the first time she called him by his name. She sighed, "I forgive you, and I love you too..."

"You do?"

"I do! I always have!" She exclaimed, "It all makes sense now... But Xander... About Niles-I'm not in love with him, I want you to know that. It's just that, well, the reason I always spent time with him was... I could always confide in him, and we'll, one of those things were..." she blushed, "My feelings for you."

Xander, bewildered at the news, chuckled to himself. It all made sense now. If all she said was true...

"Then, that means..."

"Yes! I would love to court you!" She then stopped in her tracks, "Is that what you meant?"

Xander chuckled, "Yes. I suppose that's what I meant."

He meant to ask her for her hand, but he realized that perhaps it was best to take things slow, and enjoy what courtship had to offer, before letting (Y/N) worry about her queenly duties...