Leonie X Reader- Idiots in love (Request)

Request: @Zawwefan
Genre: Idk
Warnings: None
Word count: 752
Gender: Female
Additional Info: Leonie X Rival! Reader

Where I live, it's pretty darn hot outside (34 degrees Celsius as I'm writing this), so here I am writing requests inside.
Enjoy!

(Y/N) and Leonie had known each other since they were children, and over time, a friendly rivalry settled between them.

Years passed, and slowly, the two friends began to realize that maybe there was more to it than just friendship.

~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~

"Nicely done, (Y/N)!"

"Not that amazing compared to you," (Y/N) replied, chuckling.

(Y/N) sat on the dusty ground, not a care in the world, exhausted after such a heated match. She wiped off some sweat off her forehead as she looked up at Leonie smiling.

"Hey, it's a tie, remember? We both did great," Leonie said, smirking. She sat down next to her.

"I guess so, yeah."

They stood quiet for a while, catching their breath. Then (Y/N) looked at Leonie. She looked back at her and smiled. She did so too. Her smile was infectious.

But suddenly, Leonie's face became serious and her smile soon disappeared.

Her friend frowned, confused, "Something wrong?"

"No... I don't think so. Something just crossed my mind, that's all," she simply said. She seemed to be somewhere else.

"Care to tell me?"

She looked back at her friend, "You really want to know?"

(Y/N) chuckled, smiling, "Of course. If it helps you get something off your chest, then yeah."

She seemed reluctant but seeing as how nice she seemed about it, but she decided to give it a go. It was too late to back down now.

"I know it's something we've never talked about before but... Have you developed a crush on someone? Since we've been at the academy?"

(Y/N) felt that this was somewhat of an oriented question. Surely there was a reason behind such a question. Leonie wasn't the type of person to talk about this kind of thing... Love. There was more to it and she had to know what it was.

"I think so, yeah," she shyly replied, "Well, I technically had this crush since I was ten."

Leonie blushed, and her eyes widened with surprise, "Wow! Really? I would've never guessed that."

Her friend chuckled, "I guess I'm good at hiding it. I got better at it over time. It's like training with weapons."

Both of them laughed at the analogy, although it was a tad bit forced. They tried to loosen the atmosphere but both of them were nervous, although it was unknown to them how the other was feeling.

"So, huh... Who is it then?"

(Y/N) stopped laughing. They both did, and Leonie nervously stared at her friend, awaiting an answer, but she didn't say anything.

"You don't want to tell me?"

"I'm scared of what will happen if I do," she muttered. She was being honest.

"Come on, (Y/N)! You don't have to be nervous around me," she elbowed her, "No matter who it is, I will always-"

"It's you, Leonie."

"Seriously?"

(Y/N), flushed, buried her face in her hands, "I shouldn't have said anything."

"What? Don't say that! I told you that whoever it was, I wouldn't care, right?"

"Leonie, we've been friends for ages, and I don't want this 'crush' to ruin things! Your friendship means everything to me," she cried out.

"It means everything to me too, or else we wouldn't be friends, trust me," she awkwardly chuckled, "But don't say that. Our friendship isn't over, it just... evolved."

(Y/N) looked at Leonie beyond her hands, puzzled, "Evolved? What do you mean?"

"It means that I like you too, (Y/N). As in, more than just a friend. Do you get it?"

The girl stood quiet, her eyes wandering elsewhere, as if caught in a thought.

Leonie frowned, "I would've expected for you to be happier, knowing you love me and all..."

Finally, (Y/N) let out a laugh and turned towards her good friend to hold her hand. Starry eyed, she declared, "It all makes sense now!"

"What does?"

"You weren't so bad yourself at hiding your feelings for me, but I noticed a couple of things that gave me hope," she said, "But I didn't want it to be false hope so I ignored them. How stupid I was!"

Leonie laughed, "Well, compared to you, I didn't notice anything, so I guess I'm stupider."

"We're idiots!"

"Hey, we may be idiots but at least we are idiots in love!" Leonie sarcastically said, and they both laughed.

"Right!"

They seemed so happy and flustered, laying on the dusty floor, that no one bothered to bother them about it.

Truly, the best conclusion.