Strawberries| 19

Going through the school day was a challenge like normal but he made it. And the next few weeks he survives too.

Not once did anyone notice the obvious bruises he inhabits. Or if they did, they didn't care.

He hardly spoke to Jimin or Hoseok after the first few days. He was avoiding them partially because of their exuberant personalities, but also because he's too scared to actually like them and grow attached as it will all end in the end.

And they are very likeable people.

During lunch he would hide on the field underneath a big Willow tree. It stands by a small pond, deserted of wildlife.

Often he hauls himself up onto the lowest branch and just looks at the view. He's hidden there and is perfectly safe from prying eyes or excruciating beatings.

Jungkook is another person that he's been avoiding

Jungkook is another person that he's been avoiding. He scares Taehyung as Taehyung's not scared by him.

It scares Taehyung how easily he's willing to drop his guard around Jungkook. He's such a nice guy but Taehyung doesn't know what to call this feeling.

He feels so submissive around him but yet so powerful.

The feeling is amazing.

Which is why it has to stop!

He can't just go around getting attached only to have his heart broken. So he's just ignoring the other male.

And it's not as though it's been easy. If anything it's easier to ignore Jimin and Hoseok.

With those two he actually has a reason why he should. He just keeps on reminding himself how annoying and loud they are (which he wouldn't ever admit that he was actually starting to enjoy).

But with Jungkook, everything is drawing Taehyung to him. Even the said male is trying to get Taehyung to talk to him.

Even now he is...

"Hey!" Jungkook calls out. "There you are"

Taehyung looks down from his branch to see a handsome looking Jungkook below.

His jet black hair is hanging over his forehead in large curls, gently revealing his prominent masculine features.

His brows are furrowed but his lips are curved up into a delighted smile. His eyes sparkle just as much as usual making Taehyung almost fall from his spot in his tree.

Noticing Taehyung's kind of dazed expression, Jungkook smirks a little to himself, getting ready to show off a little.

He walks along the ground to Taehyung's branch and moves a little further away from the said male. Then he jumps up and latches his fingers onto the tree.

His muscles flex as he pushes himself up gracefully onto the branch.

When he looks around, he sees Taehyung with a jaw dropped expression. His doe eyes are wide and round and his mouth is slightly open.

Jungkook gently taps his chin to signal for Taehyung to shut his mouth which seemingly snaps the quickly blushing male up.

Jungkook doesn't fail to notice how the boy flinched when he touched him, but he thinks nothing of it other than it being out of shock.

Taehyung suddenly seems to notice how close Jungkook is and it only just seems to register in his brain how the male got up into the tree.

"You're strong" Taehyung blurts out.

He clamps a hand over his mouth, a mortified expression adorns onto his face.

'crap he's going to hit me'

'i spoke when I wasn't supposed to'

'good lord he might actually murder me'

'im screw-'

Jungkook bursts out laughing. His smile reveals his cute bunny teeth and his eyes shrink slightly in joy.

'he's cute' Jungkook thinks to himself.

"I'm on pretty much every sports team so yeah I guess I am strong" Jungkook says with a shrug.

Jungkook looks down at Taehyung's tub of strawberries and steals one, without even asking.

"Shouldn't you wash the strawberries first? Won't there he bugs on them?" Jungkook asks as he analyses his strawberry for any creepy crawlies.

"Protein" Taehyung says as if he knows he doesn't even get half the amount of protein that he's supposed to.

Heck, he can't even remember the last time he had a piece of meat. And he certainly isn't into the whole vegetarian or vegan trend.

The only 'trend' that he's into is starving himself and he doesn't even do it for attention.

"I wouldn't eat that strawberry if I was you" Taehyung says without looking Jungkook in the eye.

"And why not?"

"It isn't ripe"

Jungkook doesn't listen to the warning and takes a bite out of the small strawberry.

Instantly his face screws up and he shudders at the sour taste. It causes Taehyung to burst out into a fit of giggles.

"I told you so" Taehyung says in a song song way.

"How did you know?" Jungkook asks in a sulky way.

It's not often that Jungkook is made a fool out of. Although to hear Taehyung's melodic laughter, it was well worth it.

Once Taehyung has recovered from his giggling fit, he takes a few breaths before talking.

"The leaves haven't curved up. It means it isn't ripe"

"So you just bin the sour ones?"

Taehyung giggles and shakes his head.

"No silly. I give them to the birds as it's good for them"

Jungkook makes an 'oooh' sound before looking down at the ground. He licks his lips a few times to get rid of the bad taste in the back of his mouth, but it doesn't seem to work.

Taehyung notices his discomfort and sighs a deep sigh.

"Here, try this one" Taehyung offers.

He holds out a slightly larger strawberry which has all the leaves pointing upwards.

Taehyung was saving it until last as it's the best one, but sharing is caring.

Jungkook looks at the strawberry that Taehyung is holding and then into Taehyung's eyes before taking a bite.

It makes Taehyung feel funny. And he shamefully likes the feeling.

But it causes him to freak.

"I've got to go" Taehyung mumbles before dashing away, not even allowing Jungkook to say goodbye.

A/n: so basically life is shit at the moment. I burst into tears at school and have been crying way too much this weekend lol. Pretty much it's given me inspiration for the upcoming paragraphs and for the sad shit to go on. I honestly feel like shit and wanna die but ya know it's cool✌️