Leave Him Alone| 39

Just as Jungkook leans in to kiss Taehyung's pouty lips again, the bell signalling the next class rings.

It makes Taehyung yelp and jump back off of Jungkook's lap, landing on his ass painfully. It causes Jungkook to burst out laughing at him.

"Cute" Taehyung mumbles.

He hadn't realised until now but Jungkook has a cute bunny smile. He really likes it.

Both boys slowly get up from the ground, neither wanting to go. They just want to stay in the moment forever. However, they can't.

Jungkook grabs Taehyung's small, bony wrist but quickly pulls his hand back when feeling Taehyung violently flinch and jump away.

"S-sorry" Taehyung apologizes "you caught me off guard"

"No no that was my fault sorry Tae"

But if Jungkook's being truly honest, he doesn't feel as though he should have to apologize for touching his arm.

'Maybe physical contact isn't his thing?' Jungkook wonders to himself. 'thats fine. Totally doesn't bother me'

But Jungkook loves physical contact. Feeling the person, who he likes, skin on his own. Being able to caress and cuddle them. Stroke their hair and hold them in his arms.

He wants Taehyung to be that someone. The person he gets to hold and love with all his heart.

But Jungkook doesn't know if that's what Taehyung wants; to be his. And he won't know unless he asks. However, Jungkook doesn't plan on doing so any time soon.

Not yet at least.

Jungkook looks over at Taehyung who's shuffling on the spot awkwardly, pulling at his jumper to try and pull it further over his hands and fiddling with his small bony wrist out of habit.

Taehyung doesn't even know he's doing it. The anxiety of everything is just getting to him and he's longing for an escape from it.

"I-i think we s-s-should get to l-lesson" Taehyung manages to squeak out through stutters.

"Yea sure let's go" Jungkook responds simply, trying not to overwhelm the boy any further.

'my father is going to kill me if he realises I kissed a boy' Taehyung thinks to himself. 'fuck! He can't ever know. I'd literally die'

Anxiety swarms Taehyung as him and Jungkook walk together, side by side, in silence.

"Are you ok?" Jungkook asks.

Jungkook's voice rips through Taehyung's thoughts, dragging him out of the toxicity that swarms and floods his mind.

It makes Taehyung flinch however, unknown to Jungkook, Taehyung no longer feels so scared, so anxious, once hearing Jungkook's voice.

"I-im fine" Taehyung lies.

He's anything but fine and Jungkook knows it.

Jungkook sighs and steps Infront of Taehyung, staring straight into his stunning blue eyes that reflect the colour of the ocean.

"Taehyung, what's going on?" Jungkook asks.

He's responded through silence. Taehyung looks down to the ground, digging his shoe into the dirt.

"Taehyung I'm sorry if you didn't want me to kiss you, I shouldn't have done it. I just- I don't know something came over me. I should've asked what you wanted"

Taehyung shakes his head gently. Small tears draw up into his eyes but he blinks them back, hoping that Jungkook doesn't notice how close he is to crying.

"No it's not that" Taehyung whispers.

He draws in a deep breath before locking his deep blue eyes with Jungkook's dark chocolate brown eyes.

"I-i umm. I wanted you to....you to kiss me"

A small smirk draws itself onto the corners of Jungkook's lips. He bites it back hoping that Taehyung can't tell how happy that makes him feel.

"Then what is wrong?" Jungkook asks finally becoming more serious.

Taehyung just shakes his head and looks back down towards the ground.

'its one step forward and three steps back with this guy I swear' Jungkook thinks frustratedly to himself.

"That's ok" Jungkook sighs. "You don't have to tell me just yet. But I do want you to tell me at some point ok?"

Taehyung nods his head, however, he has no intentions of sticking to it. There's no way in hell he wants to ever reveal his secrets to Jungkook. Or explain to him why he feels this way.

Never!

So both boys go back to walking to lessons in silence, knowing fully well that they're late to class.

However, neither of them care.

Taehyung slips into his seat at the back of the class next to a boy he knows as Jae. He's a jock who seems pretty nice, however, Taehyung barely knows him.

Jungkook isn't in Taehyung's lesson otherwise he'd sit next to him. Nor are Jimin, Yoongi or Hoseok here.

Taehyung's all alone in this class.

"Hi, Taehyung is it?" Jae asks him

"Y-yes"

Jae snickers at Taehyung making the latter gulp heavily.

"Can't you speak?" He asks with a smug laugh.

"Y-yeah I c-can" Taehyung stutters out, not really helping his case.

Jae starts mimicking Taehyung's stutter. It draws attention from other classmates.

"Isn't he the one who ran out of the canteen crying the other day?" A girl whispers not so quietly.

A ripple of laughter spreads like wildfire throughout the class. It makes tears draw up into Taehyung's eyes.

"Awe look is he gonna cry?" Jae taunts.

A loud slam of a fist on a desk shuts everyone up and they all look towards the source.

"Leave him alone!" A mighty masculine voice booms from the other side of the class.

Standing up, a pissed off Namjoon looms above everyone. He's so much taller and broader than everyone that he instantly asserts dominance over them all.

"What's the big deal man?" Jae asks.

"I said..." Namjoon growls out, glaring daggers at Jae "leave. Him. Alone"

Instantly Jae backs off, knowing he shouldn't dare mess with Namjoon.

"Come on Taehyung" Namjoon calls, signalling Taehyung to sit next to him.

Instantly Taehyung does as he's told, he's been trained into doing so his whole life.

"They won't bother you now" Namjoon whispers once everyone has settled.

"Thank you" Taehyung smiles.