Date| 61

Taehyung and Jungkook walk side by side into the fair. They both have massive grins on their faces and chat about stupid things that make them both laugh.

"What do you want to go on first?" Jungkook asks.

Taehyung let's his eyes wonder over the flashing lights and the strobe effects until he looks upon one of the tallest rides there.

As soon as Jungkook sees where Taehyung's gaze is pointed towards he gulps down a few nerves and grins.

"I like your style"

"It looks scary" Taehyung says before standing up straight and faking confidence. "You sure you're up for the challenge Jungkook? Not too nervous are you?"

Jungkook smirks.

"The only nervous one here is you. There's no shame in backing out Taehyung"

Taehyung rolls back his shoulders despite being petrified of the ride.

"Oh Kookie I was the one who chose it" he says with a cocky grin. "And I'm
not scared of anything"

"Let's get to it then"

They both walk over and show their wrists, they bought wristbands that allow them to go on as many rides as they want to.

This ride is called the vortex.

It's a circular machine, like a roundabout where people sit on it and face outwards. Then it's swung back and forth until you go upside down. Luckily it doesn't flip completely over otherwise even Taehyung couldn't put a brave front on for that.

But non the less, he's still petrified.

However he can't tell Jungkook that.

The top part of the machine reminds Taehyung of the claws from the grabber machines that he can't ever seem to win at

The thought reminds him that both him and Jungkook must have a go later on.

Taehyung and Jungkook sit next to eachother in the seats. Taehyung tries to pull the overhead safety down, but Jungkook ends up getting up out of his seat to do it for him.

'stupid muscle bunny' Taehyung huffs looking at Jungkook before looking at himself. 'stupid noodle arms'

Jungkook chuckles, his deep tone ringing through Taehyung, making his whole body tingle.

He loves the sensation.

"Oh those bastards from the other day who arrested us have been fired" Jungkook mentions.

Taehyung gives him a soft smile.

"Thank you. And thank you to your parents. I can see where you get your fighting spirit from now" Taehyung says with a wink.

Jungkook chuckles.

"I just want to see where you get your kind heart from"

Taehyung's smile faulters ever so slightly.

"I doubt you'll ever find out"

"Why not?"

Taehyung just awkwardly laughs and shakes his head.

"Aren't your family the loving type?" Jungkook prods once he realises he isn't going to get a response.

He wants to find out if his suspicions about Taehyung's father are correct.

Taehyung shrugs.

"I don't know what to call them honestly" Taehyung says with a sigh.

Before Jungkook can ask another question, the ride starts up. They begin with spinning fairly slowly, and then they start swinging.

Taehyung feels his stomach drop every time they come back down.

Jungkook grabs Taehyung's hand, seeing his feared look on his face.

Both of them look lovingly at eachother, before Taehyung screams and closes his eyes as the ride drops back down again.

Every time they reach their optimum height, they look over the city of Seoul. The lights twinkle in the ever darkening evening sky.

Taehyung holds his feet out, watching as the people below look like ants below his shoes. Jungkook puts his foot out next to Taehyung's and gives his hand a squeeze.

Taehyung no longer feels any fear. Not with Jungkook by his side.

Once the ride is over and the boys have been on a few others, they sit down on a bench with a purple butterfly shaped candy floss in between them.

"I've really enjoyed this with you Jungkook" Taehyung says before ripping off a bit of cotton candy.

"Me too"

Taehyung's phone buzzes, he looks at the message and grins before looking at Jungkook.

"The best book in the world of books has just come back into the library" Taehyung squeals.

"What's it called?" Jungkook asks with curiosity.

"Dark of the moon. It's the third book of four and it's literally the best thing I've ever read. Oh I just love it. I'm not really into romance but I'd love to fall in love with someone like they all fall in love with eachother. See it's about warewolves and Brittany just wants to be one but she isn't and she goes through self discovery and falls in love with a wolf and eeeek"

Taehyung squeals about the book as Jungkook looks upon him fondly.

"Like they all get tingles and butterflies when they see eachother and can't stand not touching their mate" Taehyung takes a breath and sighs. "I want to fall in love like that. But I guess it's a thing of fairytales"

'thats how I feel around you' Jungkook thinks. 'i can't be without you. You're my mate'

But he doesn't have the confidence to say it. He's not even sure if Taehyung would want him to say it anyways.

Jungkook throws away their rubbish and then comes back and sits back next to Taehyung. This time there's nothing in their way.

Taehyung looks up at Jungkook's jet black dark eyes. He smiles softly at him.

"I wouldn't want to be here with anyone other than you" Taehyung says sweetly.

"Likewise" Jungkook agrees. "Is it crazy that I want to kiss you?" Jungkook mumbles so that Taehyung shouldn't be able to hear.

But he does. And his stomach swarms with butterflies to the point where he feels sick in a good way.

Taehyung puts his hand on Jungkook's cheek before quickly leaning in and kisses him gently on the lips.

"Is it crazy that I just kissed you?" Taehyung mumbles.

Jungkook pulls Taehyung in for more, exploring the blondes mouth, tasting the sweet candy floss on his lips.

'i love you Jungkook'

___________________________________

A/n: I've got Covid :(
        Hope y'all are enjoying the story