Stitches| 53

Taehyung doesn't know what to say to the person who knocked. He just keeps quite and hopes that they go away.

However, luck (as usual) isn't on his side.

The person knocks again.

"Y-you can't be up here" Taehyung stutters. "p-please leave"

"I'm coming in" an all too familiar deep voice says.

Taehyung hears the door creek open. He hides his bloody wrist behind his back, hoping that the boy Infront of him won't notice.

He sees a tuff of jet black hair before seeing a cute bunny looking face. It makes him instantly relax.

"Hey Tae" he whispers, shutting the door behind him.

"Hi kook"

He watches as Jungkook's eyes scan Taehyung's room, with a slightly disapproving look on his face. He knows his room isn't much, and Jungkook seeing it embarrasses him.

"Sorry I know it isn't much" Taehyung says with flushed cheeks.

'im more concerned about the blood stains' Jungkook thinks to himself, but knows better than to say anything.

"It's alright" Jungkook responds, once figuring out what to say to him. "It's just a little small. Jimin told me you might want some company"

Jungkook's eyes continue scanning the room, until his eyes lay on the fresh blood drops on Taehyung's floor. He follows the trail to see a stain on Taehyung's pale coloured hoodie.

His eyes narrow slightly and he notices Taehyung's desperate attempts to his his blood coated arm.

It makes him sigh.

'please don't tell me he's selfharmed again'

"Taehyung, can you show me your arm?" Jungkook asks.

Taehyung looks at him like a deer in headlights. He shows him his good arm but Jungkook shakes his head.

"The other one"

Taehyung freezes and quickly shakes his head without saying a word.

"Please Taehyung" Jungkook begs dejectedly.

But Taehyung shakes his head again.

"I think you should leave" Taehyung whispers.

"What? Why?"

"Please leave Jungkook. Nobody is allowed up here" Taehyung says with eyes full of tears. "You've broken my rule"

"Fuck your rules. Taehyung I need to see how bad your arm is. Please Taehyung. I'm begging you"

Taehyung sighs and then reveals his arm that's dripping with blood to Jungkook. He looks at the bandage that's doing absolutely nothing to stem the flow on Taehyung's arm. It's just soaked in blood.

"Oh fuck Taehyung!" Jungkook almost shouts.

It makes the smaller male flinch and cover his ears in fear. But the action draws Jungkook's eyes to the bruises that have formed round Taehyung's throat.

"Shit. Taehyung who hurt you? What happened to your neck?"

Taehyung shakes his head.

"I didn't mean to" he repeats over and over again in an almost hysterical state, "I just needed it to stop. I just need the pain to stop"

"Taehyung I need you to calm down"

Jungkook drops to his knees next to Taehyung, feeling a dull ache of pain from the hard wood. He's surprised at how much it hurts.

But then remembers all the pain Taehyung must be in.

"Taehyung it's ok I'm here"

He takes hold of Taehyung's hand and rubs his thumb over the back of it. He feels Taehyung relax a little and then he pulls the blonde into his embrace.

They're sitting with Taehyung in between Jungkook's legs, cuddled up to his chest.

He feels the younger stiffen up for a few seconds and try to move away before slowly melting into his embrace. It makes him smile and stroke the latters hair.

Taehyung hums a little in satisfaction at the feeling as it feels so nice. He feels so safe, so warm, so comfortable.

"Thank you Kookie" Taehyung whispers as he snuggles into the elders chest a little.

Jungkook smiles and slowly removes the bandages. His smile fades ever so slightly at the extremity of the cuts. They're deep and look very painful.

His heartbeat picks up a little at the sight. Taehyung, who's resting against his chest, tries to lift up his head but is unable to do so.

"Taehyung, I'm going to have to take you to hospital. You need stitches"

Taehyung shakes his head gently.

"No hospitals" he whispers.

"But Taehyung you need-"

"No hospitals" Taehyung repeats.

"Taehyung please"

"No hospitals. There's a needle and thread in a box in my drawer" Taehyung says slowly. "Use that"

His eyes are half lidded and his vision is fuzzy. Taehyung feels spacy and ill.

"N-no Taehyung. I can't do that" Jungkook stutters.

It's the first time Taehyung's ever heard Jungkook genuinely really worried and lost for words. He doesn't like hearing him so worried.

"Then I will" Taehyung whispers, attempting to stand up.

Jungkook pushes Taehyung down, barely having to use any force, and lies him down on his blanket.

"Fine" junfk huffs. "But it's going to hurt"

"I'm used to worse" Taehyung mutters, the blood loss making him say things that he normally wouldn't.

"Like what?" Jungkook asks, wanting to keep the conversation going as he searches for the box with a needle and thread in it.

Taehyung scoffs.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you"

"Try me"

But Taehyung just groans and shakes his head.

Jungkook manages to find a small red box with a lilac bow on it. A small smile lights up on his face. He's glad he's managed to find it, for a few moments he didn't think he was going to be able to.

He looks over at Taehyung, but his face pales.

"Fuck! Stay with me Taehyung. Please. Keep on fighting"

Jungkook crawls over to Taehyung and takes his wrist in his own. He doesn't have any painkillers but Taehyung's too out of it to care. He dips the needle into a bottle of alcohol he saw on the stairs on the way up.

Jungkook threads the needle into Taehyung's skin. Dots of red blood draw to the surface but he just rubs them away.

Taehyung's body flinches a little everytime the needle makes contact with his skin.

But soon Jungkook's done.

"Tae you're ok"