What Now| 72

The police take away Taehyung's father and take Jungkook's phone.

"Can you come with us for questioning?" They ask Taehyung.

But the youngest male just shakes his head as tears roll down his cheeks. Its all too much to bare. He can't take it.

"At least go to hospital to get those wounds looked at?"

But once again he shakes his head.

Jungkook steps in the middle, pulling Taehyung snugly into his arms.

"I'll look after him" he says to the policeman.

After a while of Mr and Mrs Jeon talking to the police and Taehyung crying in Jungkook's arms, the police leave.

The Jeon's all sit on Taehyung's sofa, taking in the ugly sight of the house that has beer bottles scattered all around and the carpet that has an uncountable number of blood stains on it that are all from Taehyung.

The house feels eerily quiet without the TV on that booms in the dead of night and without his fathers loud shouts of anger at Taehyung.

Taehyung doesn't know what to do with himself.

"What now?" Taehyung whispers to Jungkook.

"I don't know" Jungkook admits. "But I'm going to be there for you every step of the way"

"Thank you" Taehyung looks towards Jungkook's parents. "Thank all of you"

"Its alright hunny. But just so you know you will have to make a statement against your father and they will have to photograph your scars. Because you're 17 you won't have to go into foster care, however we think it's best if you move in with us. At least for the time being"

"Y-you want me to m-m-move in? With you guys?"

"Taehyung you're family"

Taehyung can't help but cry. He sobs his heart out in agony. Despite his father not being a particularly good one, he's all he had left. And now he's gone.

Taehyung's alone but Mr and Mrs Jeon still show Taehyung love. They done allow him to stay alone.

"Thank you" Taehyung wails. "Thank you so much"

Jungkook cuddles Taehyung close. Peppering his face with kisses. He wipes away Taehyung's tears, however they're just replaced with more.

"Come on let's get you to our home and to bed" Jungkook says.

"N-no" Taehyung shakes his head. "I want to stay here tonight"

Jungkook nods.

"That's okay I don't mind. But I'm not leaving you here alone tonight"

"Stay with him son. You can both stay here tonight. We will pick you both up in the morning and take you out clothes shopping. Taehyung you always look cold so we need to get you some extra warm hoodies and blankets"

"You d-do'nt need to do that f-for me" Taehyung stutters through the tears.

"We want to" Mr Jeon adds in. "Now sleep well you two. I don't want any funny business going on. Got it?"

Jungkook rolls his eyes.

"Yeah we promise"

Jungkook takes Taehyung's hand and pulls him off of the sofa. Taehyung and him go to walk up the stairs, however, Taehyung's legs feel like jelly and he ends up falling over.

Luckily Jungkook catches him.

He puts Taehyung's arm around his shoulders before heaving him up and carrying him bridal style.

It catches Taehyung off guard, but he's too tired to be scared.

Jungkook walks with the skinny boy in his arms up the stairs and into his room, remembering the directions from when he invited himself up there last time.

He looks down on Taehyung's pile of blankets on the floor and frowns. He hates that Taehyung had to live like this for so long. He's just so thankful that he's safe now.

He places Taehyung down gently.

"Is this going to be enough? Do you want me to get your father's mattress?" Jungkook asks.

"NO!" Taehyung abruptly tells him. "No" he repeats in a quieter tone. "You don't want to know what's on his mattress"

Taehyung gags at the thought of all the prostitutes doing nasty things in his father's bed.

"Ok so not that then" Jungkook chuckles. "Are you sure lying on the floor in a pile of blankets is what you really want?"

"If you don't want to join me that's fine. I'm just used to sleeping on the floor, that's all"

"No Taehyung I'm here for you. I promised to be by your side no matter what, I'm not just going to leave you now"

Taehyung chuckles despite feeling sad.

"I'm not saying you're going to leave me, just go and sleep on the sofa. At least it's a little more comfortable" Taehyung says.

But Jungkook shakes his head. He lies down and pulls Taehyung down with him.

"That's much better. I would lie on a bed of needles for you Tae. As long as you were in my arms, I wouldn't feel a thing"

Taehyung shakes his head.

"Don't say that babe" Taehyung says with a shake of his head. "You wouldn't ever have to do something like that for me"

"But if I needed to I would"

"As would I for you"

Taehyung straddles Jungkook's waist so that he's leaning over the lying down boy.

"Thank you for everything Kookie. I'm sorry that I didn't let you in earlier. I was just scared of trusting someone"

"It's okay. The most important thing is that you're safe and in my arms right now"

Taehyung leans down and kisses Jungkook tenderly. The kiss gets a little more passionate and Jungkook's hands roam the small of Taehyung's back.

He considers taking off Taehyung's top, but then thinks against it as it'll get quite cold, especially as Taehyung's so skinny.

Instead, Jungkook breaks away from the kiss and takes off his own top and hoodie.

Taehyung's eyes rake across Jungkook's skin in awe. It makes Jungkook feel confident seeing the look on Taehyung's face. The look of admiration.

"Put this on" Jungkook tells Taehyung, handing him his hoodie. "And let's go to sleep babe"

"Thank you so much Kookie. Thank you for everything"