Chapter 84: Stay With Me a request by scarletscaptain

(Hope you like it Sarah!)

Being a superhero definetly has it's ups and downs, such as winning a battle against an opponent, or that immediatly backfiring as they shoot you and you fall to the floor in agony. Like tonight for instance, Peter was on patrol fighting a few thugs with you guessed it, alien tech weapons.

He was dodging every throw of the fist and ankle, but his spidey senses were all over the place, only giving basic last minute heads up warnings. It had gotten to the point where Peter was barely missing any of the beams coming out of the guns the thugs had somehow managed to acquire, Peter didn't know how but he assumed somewhere along the lines of illegaility. As he attempted to dodge the next beam, he was hit.

And the pain was seething, the teenager could feel his body hit the concrete pavement, and the awful wet metallic taste in his mouth. He groaned in pain as the thugs got away. He slowly rose up, his body was aching.

Peter couldn't move, he fell back and coughed blood splattered on the mouth of his mask, he needed to call his papa. So he did just that, "Karen, call papa please."

"Right away." Karen replied. Meanwhile Steve was in their apartment when his phone rang and he picked it up seeing it was Peter, he answered.

"Peter, are you almost home from patrol?" He asked.

"P- papa I need help."

"What do you need help with, little love?"

"It hurts so much, papa." Steve could hear Peter coughing, something was definitely wrong and needed to get to him quickly. "Peter, tell me where you are, I'm suiting up right and coming to get you." Steve said.

"I'm by the bank on Main Street between Manchester road." (I've never been to NYC and I know that's not a road so... let's pretend it is.)

"Alright I'm on my way okay? Don't worry you'll be okay." Steve reassured his son. He stayed on the phone until he found Peter laying on the floor bleeding. The father never remembered driving so quickly, with only one thing on his mind: get to Peter.

Once the two got back to home, Steve scooped Peter up and carried him all the way to his bed. Steve wasted no time in finding a viable source to help Peter, especially with his son's pained whimpers that made his heart break right in half. Steve hated how much Peter was hurting, and the idea that he was spurred him to move faster as he retreived the med-kit from the bathroom cabinet and placing it beside Peter as he opened it and grabbed everything he'd need.

"Alright kiddo I'm gonna press your emblem and I need you to lift out your arms," Steve said, "I know it's gonna sting but I promise it'll feel better later."

Peter nodded and did exactly what Steve wanted him to do, he got his suit off, and Steve could already see Peter's wounds slowly healing but some weren't. And those were the ones he had to disinfect so they'd heal properly on their own.

He spoke as he started to rub, noticing Peter wince, "I'm sorry bud, I'm nearly done." He continued talking softly as he worked on the rest of Peter's wounds. Luckily, Steve was finished quickly and went to Peter's room getting some pjs for him to sleep in.

Once Peter changed into pajamas he wanted and needed his father. Steve smiled and got ready for bed himself and cuddled together with Peter.

Peter cuddled closer to Steve's chest hiding his head, "I'm sorry papa." He said.

Steve started absentmindedly combing through Peter's hair. He asked, "Why are you sorry little love?"

"My spidey sense got all muffled like part of it wasn't wanting to work and that's why I got hurt, I should've been able to make it work." Peter started to cry.

"No, Peter it's okay I understand how you feel, my powers go on the fritz too. But if that happens again then you can't patrol, I don't want you getting hurt or someone else getting hurt." Steve explained.

"But I'm supposed to protect people, if my powers aren't working then how am I supposed to protect people?" Peter asked.

"When I was getting drafted in the war, I use to think about how I was going to protect people. Because of my small stature and inability to fight."

"But I learned that it wasn't my height or fighting skills, it was about my knowledge, because out of all the men I used strategy. And that's what got me drafted."

Peter looked up at his dad with innocent eyes, "Really?" He asked.

"Yeah, and the thing we have in common is that we always put everyone's needs above our own. And I know you want to protect people but you can't save everyone."

"I- I know." Peter said.

Steve kissed his forehead, "I know it's hard, but I know that you'll do everything you can to do what's right. But right now you need rest."

Peter nodded and yawned, soon falling asleep in the safety and comfort of his papa's arms. "Goodnight my little love." Steve whispered.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 84