Chapter 74: Out of Time

Most people would consider the Avengers as superheroes, Earth's defenders, all that jazz. But what most don't know is that Tony Stark cracked time travel and is THE smartest man to have ever lived. Unfortunately, there was sort of a little mishap when Peter asked if he could test it out and Tony agreed since he would be running the whole operation.

"So do I just walk in?" Peter asked.

"Well you're not gonna freaking see what's inside the room from the outside. Just go in there- have a look around. I'll be right there." Tony said.

Peter walked in the machine and was gone but he didn't recognize his surroundings, surely he was in New York right? He looked around and saw that this was someone's home, but the decor was old fashioned like he traveled back in time instead of forward.

He heard the door to the flat open and he saw a blonde haired man and immediately knew who he was, and Peter froze not knowing what to do.

Without even realizing it Peter was now trapped in the 40s and was standing in front of pre-serum Steve Rogers in a flat. Steve questioned Peter multiple times about where he was from and Peter gave him all of the same answers when he asked the first three thousand times.

Steve obviously didn't believe a word coming out of the boys mouth. So Peter spoke of their lives in the future. Then Steve started freaking out. While Peter had the look of, "I told you the flipping truth man!".
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve's POV

Holy crap is he a time traveler? I mean there's no other way he could know all that, it's not like there's a place to find information like that.

"Holy crap, holy crap, holy crap! You're my son! You're a time traveler. Oh my god! Are we like on the government's radar now? Are they gonna come after us? I can't fight the government Peter!" I say pacing back and forth.

Peter walks up to me and grabs me by my shoulders. "Hey! Snap out of it! We'll be fine, we just need some sort of plan." His hands are still firmly planted on my shoulders.

This is crazy! How and why is my son a time traveler?!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Third POV

Meanwhile with Tony the machine was practically on the fritz, he basically just trapped his son in an unknown timeline, alone, and having no clue about his whereabouts. He called Bruce to help and they worked on it for hours.

Times were different between the two worlds, Peter wasn't in 1945 for a few hours, he was there for 5 days to be exact Steve told him if he was going to be there for a little while he would have to blend in and pretend to be a 1940s teenager in Brooklyn, New York.

Steve taught Peter loads of things, stuff that Steve in 2019 hadn't taught his son yet. Tony knew his Steve was going to remember his encounter with his son back then and when he did he recalled all that Peter was doing so at least they knew he was safe and not in danger.

(Also you're welcome Stony fans! It's been awhile since I wrote Stony into a chapter.) Peter was having fun learning about his father's past, meeting his aunt Peggy Carter who was really a warrior of her time, she was strong, fearless and amazing overall.

I mean the woman was one of the founders of S. H. I. E. L. D. for crying out loud. Peter also found her really pretty.

As days went on for Peter Tony finally figured out how to get his son back. He just needed a little inhibitor to stabilize the core of the machine luckily he was able get it done. He fixed the machine and was able to let Peter stay sixteen and not age to be an old man.

Both Tony & Steve were glad to have their son back in their arms again the whole ordeal was insane for all party members and Peter told Tony everything he and his papa did.

Tony smiled at the way Steve and Peter were reminiscing about something that happened days ago for Peter but decades for Steve. Neither of them minded but it was a little mind boggling at first. They definitely had stories to tell in the future.

Peter and his dad's cuddled in bed watching some Netflix and ended falling asleep to the almost muffled sound of Stranger Things which illuminated the room in a different mix of color hues. Their time travel mishap was crazy but fun except Steve refused Tony to let Peter near and I quote; "That death trap!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 74