Chapter 73: Family {30 day challenge}

Peter and MJ welcomed their second child Hazel after their oldest, Elliot three years later, finally completing the small family. Presently, Elliot is sixteen and Hazel is fourteen, and like all siblings they fight from time to time but in the end, they're always there for each other no matter what. Elliot is very protective of his younger sister, especially when someone decides to pick on Hazel, Elliot's always there to the rescue, much like a certain MJ with a certain Peter.

Whenever Elliot was upset, Hazel would sit next to him on his bed, and the two would find a stronger strength in the silence. He would lean his head on his sister's smaller shoulder, unbeknownst that their parents always took note of it and loved to see their kids support each other. And it was a common occurrence for them to be extra kind to each other when one of them was going through a rough patch. Today for instance, was Hazel's first day of high school, and saying that she was beyond nervous was an understatement.

Elliot sat down next to his sister at the dinner table, "it'll be okay Hazel Basil trust me you'll ace today." He smiled.

She began to ramble her worries, something that was exactly like her father, "But what if the teacher calls on me and I become a stuttering mess, or what if I say something totally embarrassing and no one wants to be my friend?"

MJ chimed in, "Sweetheart all I'm hearing are "what if's" instead of you getting ready for today and being the awesome kid we know and love."

Peter smiled, "Exactly what mom said, I thought the same thing on my first day, it may be scary and terrifying right now but you'll do great because you can do anything you set your mind to." (Wise words Peter.)

Soon, both kids had finished their breakfast and headed off to school. Elliot showed Hazel where to go as well as helped her with anything and everything. However, on the inside Hazel lingered in an anxious state, freaking out since she didn't want anything to go wrong and definitely not draw attention to herself and look like a fool. So far, her first few classes were smooth.

It was lunch time now and the school had a certain system once you were done grabbing whatever they were serving there was a line that you'd have to go through so you could enter a code and then sit down at any of the lunch tables. Since Hazel was so worried about her classes and schedule she forgot her PIN number her father wrote down for her. Unfortunately when she was asked for her code and she came to the realization that she forgot said pin she did exactly what she didn't want to do,

Poor little Hazel froze unable to talk she just whimpered most people would make fun of her but the lunch lady let her go just this once so Hazel left her place in line and making her way to her brother and friends; Carly & Levi she desperately tried avoiding the looks people were giving her she sat down next to Elliot with her head hung low.

"Hey Haz you okay?" Elliot asked, Hazel shook her head in response digging her fork into her pasta.

"What's wrong Hazel?" Levi asked.

"I forgot my PIN number and I froze like an idiot." She answered.

"Awww Hazel it's okay I'll help you remember your PIN number promise it's okay." Elliot reassured.

Soon the school day ended and Hazel was still upset about forgetting her pin number. Both Peter & MJ noticed their daughters behavior and questioned her about it. She told them what happened and they felt bad they hated how much she worried about her classes and scheduling that she had accidentally forgotten her PIN number. They decided to have an early family night.

Making popcorn and cuddling up and watching any movie of Hazel's choosing which was Finding Nemo one of her all time favorites from when she was little. Soon Hazel & Elliot fell asleep cuddling with their parents. Peter knew what Hazel was going through because he too at one point felt that way. Unable to really make friends and he froze to he would stumble on his words when being called on and so on.

He was determined to find something to help his little love and hopefully soon. He definitely did not want her to repeat what he went through all throughout high school. He and MJ woke them up and got them to get ready for bed then going to bed themselves.

(And that ladies and gentlemen is the end of the 30 day challenge! I honestly thought it'd take years to get this done well I was wrong.)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End of Chapter 73