The Darkest of Secrets

It had been two whole weeks since Shadownova was defeated. Repairs across the Mushroom Kingdom and Inkopolis were going well, and everything was at peace. However, Crystal was still depressed about what happened. Everyone had tried to comfort her at least once, but nothing worked. She sat in her's and Infinite's bedroom, quietly sobbing into the pillow.

Crystal: ...*Sniff* 

Luna: *Knocks on the door* Mom?

Crystal: ...Come on in, my little superstar...

Luna walked into the room and put a plate of food on the bed.

Crystal: Thanks... How is your little big brother?

Luna: Comet is okay, mom. Me, Raiko and Clark have been taking turns taking care of him.

Crystal: Aww... How sweet...

Luna sighed and sat next to Crystal.

Luna: I haven't gotten over it, either, mom... Neither has Uncle Smesh, Aunt Cristina, Uncle Machito, Uncle Aeris, Uncle Turco and Aunt Lexi... And everyone else has just been... Really silent and not said a word about what happened two weeks ago... 

Crystal: Mmhmm...

Luna: Mom... I do know one thing, however. 

Crystal: Huh...?

Luna: Dad wouldn't want us to cry, mom. He said he wants us to be happy, knowing that we're no longer in danger. We don't have to worry about some overpowered being every time we wake up now. 

Crystal: ...Y-yeah...

Luna hugged her mother tightly and sighed.

Crystal: *Hugs back* Where's Smesh? I need to talk to him about this...

Luna: He's upstairs with Aunt Cristina.

Crystal: Alrighty. Thanks, Luna.

Luna: You're welcome, mom...

Crystal walked out of the room and walked upstairs, then entered Smesh's room.

Smesh: ...

Cristina: ...Hey, Crystal.

Crystal: Hi...

Smesh: ...

Cristina: Smesh... He hasn't spoken to or interacted with anyone today... Including me...

Crystal: O-oh...

Cristina: I'm really worried... These past two weeks... He's not been the same...

Crystal: I've noticed... I'm getting worried too...

Cristina: *Sigh* Infinite... *Covers her face with her hands* Oh my god... 

Crystal: ...

Cristina got up and leaned against the wall, but accidentally knocked a painting off the wall.

Cristina: Oops!

Crystal: Wait... There's a hole in the wall!

Cristina: Dafuq...?

Smesh: *Turns around* What?

Cristina: A hole...?

Crystal turned her phone's flashlight on and looked inside of the hole, there was nothing but a small box with a date on it.

Smesh: What's in there?

Crystal: A box... *Takes it out of the wall* There's a date on it, too.

Cristina: A date?

Crystal: ...August 12th, 2019...?

Smesh: Wait a minute... That's the day when Francis died, when Shadownova entered this world, and when Infinite got his curse...