My Life, My Secrets, My Story Part 18

Start from the beginning

Alex came on with me, shyly. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, to calm her a little. It worked and she relaxed, slightly, next to me.

"Does anyone think they could be a better Alpha then, I?" I asked, as was customary.

No one spoke up, so I continued.

"Then I will take my position as the new Alpha, and Alex the new Female Alpha!" I declared.

Everyone clapped and yelled. They were all so happy. It was good to see. I was glad to see they excepted Alex and she was too.

See they love you, I thought to her.

Yah, thanks, she thought back.

She wrapped her arms around my waist, and leaned against me. The pack, awed, and she blushed and buried her face into the side of my tux. It was cute.

A hand went up, a question. I guess that was to be expected.

"Yes." I told, John, the questioner.

"I thought you and Alex were friends?" he asked, or stated.

"We have decided to get to know each other better. We are still mates, but getting to know each other. We will also change her but, not now."

They seemed ok with that. Nothing was wrong. No objections. It was all good.

"Let the feast begin!" I said.

Everyone took their seats, I was disappointed. Alex was all the way on the other side of the table. I wanted to talk to her. To be close to her.

I'll get time later, I thought.

**********

Alex's POV

I was getting nervous, and I was kind of hoping Alec would come help me. I didn't want to go downstairs alone.

Alex, Alec thought to me, scaring me.

Aaah! Sheesh, Alec! Warn a girl would ya! I thought back, but was really happy to hear his voice, it calmed me.

Sorry didn't mean to scare you, he thought to me.

Never mind, did you want something? I asked, wondering why he had called me.

Just wondering where you are, he thought, giving me a vague answer.

I'm coming, why? I replied, warily.

I'm going to announce we're mates, and I'm becoming alpha. He told me.

Oh my god! Really! I started getting nervous and jittery, ad butterflies entered my stomach.

Relax, it's not a big deal. It'll be alright. You don't have to do anything, just be by my side. He told me, and I relaxed, slightly.

I could do that. No big deal. Nothing to be afraid of. I told myself.

I took a deep breath to calm myself, and started down the stairs. As I got to the steps everyone stared at me. It was kind if embarrassing. I saw Alec with his mouth hanging open, and bit back a laugh. He saw that some of the other guys were looking at her so he growled at them. He was jealous!

I went all the way over to him, while people were staring. And I smiled at him.

"Close your mouth, or you'll catch flies." I said, quietly.

He was still staring at me as if, I was the only girl in the world. This time I couldn't stop the laugh that went through me. I closed his mouth because I was getting worried flies might get in, gave him a seductive smile, outside my introvert personality. And walked over to Suzy, that was wearing a pink little frock (AN: There's a pic on the side).