My Life, My Secrets, My Story Part 14

Start from the beginning

"Why don't you go unpack, we have another guest room, straight down the hall, and there's a bathroom, in that room too." I said, she nodded and went to unpack.

As soon as the door of her room closed, I was swarmed with questions.

"Wait!" I said, stopping them, mid-question.

"Her parents are gonna be gone for a week, or more, and I didn't feel ok with having her unprotected, and even if we put guards around her house, the can't just jump out and attack if rouges come." I said, explaining. They nodded understanding.

"Ok, well, nice thinking! She can stay here but what about everyone else!? We can't stay human for a week, we need to shift, or we'll get restless." dad said.

"I already took care of that. I told her there were going to be lots of wolves around here, and she said it's her favorite animal, and she always wanted to see one." I answered, automatically.

"Wow! She likes wolves?! Cool! Why was she scared when I hugged her?" Pam interjected.

"Yep, shes awesome. She's broken though, she's sad, all the time and has cut herself, she was thinking of suicide, and she's been through lots of pain, from what Oscar told me. It wasn't you, its just how she is." I told her.

That got everyone shocked. They didn't know and it surprised everyone. No one, not even me, expected that.

"Well, she does she still do that?" Pam asked.

"No, not anymore." I answered.

"She's pretty though, real good looking." mom said.

"Thank you," Alex said, popping out if no where, scaring us.

How long was she their?

"Oh! Alex, sweetie! You scared us, honey!" mom exclaimed, her hand on her chest.

Alex laughed a little. Her laugh was now my most favorite sound in the world. It was light and filled with joy.

"You called me pretty. Really?" she asked my mom.

"Oh yes sweetie! Your very pretty honey!" my

Mom praised her.

"My mom use to tell me that too, she also calls me sweetie and honey." Alex replied, smiling sadly.

My baby was hurting! What, her mom doesn't tell her that anymore? Why?

"Huh? Use to?" Pam asked.

"Yep. She's busy with her fashion designing and dads always on business trips. Being a lawyer takes time." she said, sadly.

Her eyes started brimming up, and she tried to blocking them out by blinking, and it worked, she pushed them back.

Pam, come on! Really?! I thought to her.

"Sorry! I'm so sorry Alex! I keep doing that!" Pam said, out loud.

"No, it's ok, really. I like you, actually. You always say whats on your mind, thats good. A lot of people are too scared to say what's on their mind, but your not. Keep it up, ok?" Alex told Pam.

"Good girl." Alex said.

"You guys too, ask me anything. Even if I look like I'm gonna break." she said.

I don't get it, why would she do that, if it hurts her.

We talked for a while, Pam and mom absolutely loved her.

I asked if she wanted to meet the rest of the "family". She agreed and before I left I thought to my family:

"Inform, the pack that about her, don't mention details. Tell them she's my mate, she's human, she doesn't know about us, she doesn't like physical contact, and they can still shift, but not in the house. If they see her, in their wolf form, don't change just be nice. And behave."