Chapter 156

Caitlin knew that things between her and Jesse, they just weren't working out. They'd been together for two years, but it felt as though the spark had gone out, at least to her and she couldn't keep pretending otherwise.

That was why Caitlin was planning on finally ending it with Jesse. Even if doing so broke her heart.

"Caitlin, I came as soon as I got your call." Jesse said as she entered Caitlin's apartment.

"We need to talk." Caitlin said and she could tell that Jesse already knew what this discussion was about.

"You want to end things between us don't you?" Jesse asked.

"Come on Jesse, you can't deny that the spark between us seems to have fizzled out." Caitlin said.

"I know, I guess I just thought that maybe we'd find a way to bring it back." Jesse said.

"Jesse, I will always care about you, but I can't keep lying to myself anymore and I don't think you can either." Caitlin said as tears began to form in both their eyes.

"I understand, but that doesn't make this any easier." Jesse said.

"No, it doesn't," Caitlin agreed, "But we both know it needs to be done."

"I guess now would be a good time to tell you that Barry's offered me a position heading up Star Labs new aerospace division in Coast city. He chose me for it because he's planning on naming the facility the Tess Morgan Aerospace Center." Jesse said.

"After your mom." Caitlin said.

"Building Star Labs was her dream and Barry wanted to honor her. And honestly, you doing this makes it easier for me to say yes, since honestly, I don't do long distance relationships." Jesse said and Caitlin smiled sadly.

"Neither do I. But Coast City will be lucky to have you protecting it." Caitlin said.

"I'll miss you Caitlin." Jesse said as they both felt tears threatening to break through.

"I'll miss you to Jesse." Caitlin said as they both began crying as Jesse left the apartment and Caitlin finally began sobbing, since while she knew it had to be done, that didn't make this any easier.

Barry and Cisco were getting concerned, since Caitlin had been acting colder and more distant ever since Jesse had left, it was clear to them that they'd broken up and ever since, Caitlin, had been throwing herself into her work and it was concerning to Barry and Cisco.

"Should we talk to her?" Cisco asked.

"No, we give her time. She'll open up when she's ready, we can't force her to. For now, we just give her time and make sure she knows that we're here for her if she needs a shoulder to cry on." Barry said and Cisco nodded.

"Maybe we should talk to Ralph, since he did help me get over my break up with Gypsy." Cisco said.

"We're not as close with Ralph as we were before. At least not yet." Barry pointed out and Cisco nodded.

"Hey, how's Kara doing with her pregnancy?" Cisco asked.

"Well first off, remember, we're not announcing it yet, so keep your voice down." Barry said and Cisco nodded.

"Second, so far she's been handling it well." Barry said and Cisco nodded.

"Man, I feel bad for you for when those cravings kick in." Cisco said.

"Hey, at least I can run to get whatever she wants." Barry said.

"True." Cisco agreed.

"What about you and Nia. Think you'll ever get to that stage?" Barry asked.

"I'm not even sure if Nia can have kids, but even if she can't, we can always adopt, but that likely won't be until after we've gotten married." Cisco said and Barry nodded in understanding.