Chapter 44

Francine West was looking at the letter her doctor had sent her and was wondering how she was going to break the news to Wally when suddenly there was a knock on the door.

To say she was surprised when she found Supergirl waiting for her on the other side of the door was an understatement.

"Supergirl. What brings you here?" Francine asked.

"Ms. West, I need you to come with me. It's nothing bad, but there's been an incident regarding your son." Supergirl said.

"You caught him running didn't you?" Francine asked, since she was well aware of what Wally had been doing and she had told him to knock it off before he drew unwanted attention to himself, but it seemed like it was too late.

"Yes we did. Don't worry, he's not in trouble, but the Flash took him to Star Labs so we can help him better control his powers. As his mother, I think you should be there to." Supergirl said, though she had an ulterior motive.

"Wait, Star Labs. Isn't that in Central City?" Francine asked, since she wasn't ready to face the baggage she'd left behind there.

"Yes. I promise I can bring you back here as quickly as I take you there." Supergirl said.

"Wally will be fine without me there." Francine said and Supergirl could tell she was set in her ways for now.

"Okay fine. I just wanted to let you know where your son was." Supergirl said.

"And I appreciate that." Francine said, not knowing that Wally being in Star Labs would still end up with her having to face her past.

When Supergirl returned to Star Labs, she found that Barry had already revealed his identity to Wally and was now introducing him to Cisco and Caitlin.

"Seriously, you revealed your identity to him already?" Kara asked, giving Barry a hard time.

"Hey, if he's gonna be training with us, might as well let him know who he's working with." Barry said.

"Fine." Kara said.

"So, who's Supergirl?" Wally asked hopefully and Kara rolled her eyes before sighing.

"Kara Danvers. You tell anyone and I'll use my heat vision to burn your legs off." Kara warned jokingly.

"Message received." Wally said.

"Now Wally, maybe you could tell us how you got your powers?" Cisco asked, since there was no Flashpoint or Savitar in this new reality, so he was curious on how Wally had gained or rather regained his speed.

"It all started a few weeks ago. There was this freak lightning storm out in Keystone that they said originated from here in Central City and I was driving home from hanging out with my friends when suddenly, there was a bolt of lightning that struck me and I was in a coma for a few days and when I came to, suddenly, I had the powers of the Flash." Wally said.

"Huh, that's almost exactly like what happened to me, only your coma was shorter." Barry said.

"Who cares. Now that he's here, we're gonna train him aren't we?" Cisco asked.

"If that's what he wants." Barry said, glad that this time, he already knew exactly how to train Wally, though hopefully without having to phase a train through rubble or stabilize a meta's blood, though it was effective, that much he'd admit.

"Of course I do. I want to be a hero." Wally said.

"Okay then. You'll probably have to move to Central City though, since I think it would look suspicious of you kept running back and forth between cities every day." Barry said.

"I'll talk to my mom, see if she'd be willing to move here." Wally said, right as Iris entered the Cortex.

"Hey who's this guy?" Iris asked.

"Oh well, Iris, this is our new recruit Wally West. Wally, this is my foster sister, childhood best friend and teammate, Iris West, also known as the superhero Phoenix." Barry said as he and Cisco both tried and failed to hide their laughter at the looks on Wally and Iris's faces.

"Wait, Wally West. What's your mom's name?" Iris asked.

"Francine West. Why?" Wally asked, though he had an idea.

"Because that was my mom's name. I thought she was dead." Iris said.

"Wait, you're my sister?" Wally asked.

"I guess so. And you're my brother." Iris said, trying to wrap her head around this.