Chapter 24

When Barry, Kara and Firestorm returned to Star Labs, they found Cisco and Dr. Wells waiting for them.

"Harrison Wells." Firestorm said.

"Professor Stein. I am truly sorry that my accelerator did this to you." Wells said.

"All science comes with risks. I just didn't expect becoming fused with another person to be one of them." Firestorm said.

"Well, I think we've got something that unfuse you from Ronnie." Cisco said.

"Really, and what might that be?" Firestorm asked.

"This. It's a quantum splicer. It should bombard your cellular structure with enough energy to split you and Ronnie apart." Cisco said as he handed Firestorm the splicer.

"Are you certain it will work?" Firestorm asked.

"As certain as anyone can be in science. However, I'd recommend separating out in the badlands, since there might be some fallout." Cisco said and Firestorm nodded.

"We'll go with you to bring you back after the split happens." Flash said and Supergirl nodded.

After they were out at the minimal safe distance, Firestorm attached the splicer to his chest.

"I hope this works." Firestorm said.

"It will." Flash said as he sped out, since unlike his girlfriend, if any radiation was released, he'd still be affected by it.

"Here goes everything." Firestorm said as the splicer activated and fire began to generate from them before there was a huge flash of light and fire when it dimmed, in Firestorm's place, stood two very familiar faces.

"Ronnie Raymond?" Flash asked.

"Yeah." Ronnie said in disbelief.

"Professor Stein." Supergirl said.

"It is so good to be back in my own flesh again." Stein said and Supergirl and the Flash chuckled.

"We'll take you back to Star Labs, they'll want to run some tests on you." Supergirl said and Ronnie and Stein both nodded, Ronnie was eager to see Cisco and Caitlin again, though now he was hoping to finally get an answer from Caitlin about why she never wanted to go out with him.

When the foursome returned to Star Labs, they found Cisco waiting for them.

"Ronnie Raymond." Cisco said with a grin as he hugged Ronnie.

"Cisco." Ronnie said happily.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have locked you in there." Cisco said.

"Hey, don't." Ronnie assured him.

"Caitlin and Dr. Wells are waiting for you in the Cortex, but Supergirl, you need to take these and get back to Star City." Cisco said, handing Kara two vials.

"What are these?" Kara asked.

"The cure you need. Right now there are only two doses. One for Slade and one for Alex." Cisco said.

"I'm heading out. I'll be back soon." Kara said as she quickly kissed her boyfriend before flying out.

"You two are dating." Ronnie said as Barry pulled back his cowl.

"Yep. My name is Barry Allen by the way." Barry said as he held out his hand to Ronnie and then to Stein, both of whom shook it.

"A pleasure to meet you Mr. Allen." Stein said.

"Thanks. You to. I hope we can work together more in the future." Barry said.

"Not sure if that's an experience I want to repeat." Ronnie said and Stein nodded.

"Well either way, neither of you are leaving until we finish running tests on you." Cisco said.

"Then Mr. Allen, can you do me a favor?" Martin asked.

"Of course." Barry said.

"Can you please go to my home and tell my wife that I'm alright and I'll be home soon." Martin said.

"Actually, if I get Dr. Wells' permission, I can just bring her here." Barry said, since he trusted Clarissa to keep their secret.

"That would be even better." Martin said.

After getting Dr. Wells permission, Barry sped off to the Stein household, where he knocked on the door.

"Can I help you?" Clarissa asked when she answered.

"Hello Mrs. Stein, my name is Barry Allen, I work with the CCPD." Barry said.

"Are you here to tell me you've made some progress in the search for my husband?" Clarissa asked.

"We found him, but right now Martin is at Star Labs, since the circumstances we found him under require a bit more testing to make sure he's okay. However, I have been authorized to bring you to him." Barry said.

"Okay, how are we getting there?" Clarissa asked as Barry held out his hand to her.

"Hold on tight." Barry said and before Clarissa could ask what he meant, he sped off with her in tow, making sure he didn't go so fast that she lost her grip before coming to a stop in Star Labs.

"You're the Flash." Clarissa said.

"Yep. And now I'm going introduce you to my team, since we're the ones running tests on Martin and we will explain why in there." Barry said and Clarissa nodded as she let Barry lead her to the Cortex, where she immediately walked up to her husband and kissed him.

"I'm so sorry I was gone." Martin said to her.

"I'm sure you have a good excuse." Clarissa said, just happy to have him back.