Chapter 95

"Please, I'll give you anything you want, just please, don't hurt me." Kendra begged as Vandal Savage walked up to her menacingly.

"Well that's unfortunate, seeing as to how what I want is for you to remember and then for you to die." Savage snarled.

"Remember what?" Kendra asked as she tried to find a place to hide.

"There's no use hiding Chay-Ara. I will always find you. Like I always have." Savage said as he tossed a knife right at Kendra, but suddenly, a breach opened up out of nowhere and with a bolt of yellow lightning, Kendra was safe as Flash came to a stop and he was joined by Supergirl, Vibe, Killer Frost and Hawkman coming out of the breach while Firestorm and Phoenix hovered over them.

"You." Savage snarled as he saw Hawkman.

"Hey Savage, maybe you should picking on someone who actually knows why you're doing it." Hawkman said as he readied his mace.

"Gladly. I'll kill you and then her. As for the rest of you, I'd recommend leaving now, for your own safety." Savage said.

"We're not going to let you hurt anyone else ever again." Flash said.

"Try and stop me me then." Savage said, only to be blasted back by Supergirl's heat vision.

"Clever. But not clever enough." Savage said he pulled out a dagger and shot some sort of blue energy at them.

"Hit the deck." Vibe shouted as they all took cover.

"Vibe, get Kendra to safety." Flash ordered.

"On it. Overwatch, prepare to get some company." Vibe said over the comms.

"Copy that." Overwatch said over the comms as Vibe then managed to make his way over to Kendra.

"What's going on?" Kendra asked.

"Long story, but the short version is, if you want to live, the go through this and don't ask any questions." Vibe said as he opened a breach in front of them and while Kendra was initially frightened about going through, her desire to live won out and she jumped through as the breach closed behind her.

"I'll find her again." Savage said.

"No you won't." Hawkman said as he struck him his mace, only to have Savage stab him with the dagger and take some of his blood.

However, before he could land the final blow, a combination of Supergirl's heat vision, Phoenix and Firestorm's fireballs, Killer Frost's ice blasts and and Vibe's vibe blasts sent him flying back.

"I need to get him back to base, but he should pull through." Killer Frost said as she checked on Hawkman.

"You heard her Vibe. Savage will have to wait." Flash said and Vibe nodded as he opened a breach for them to get back to the base as Savage began to recover.

"It doesn't matter. Now that I've gotten this, I finally have the means to execute my ultimate plan." Savage said as he looked down at his dagger, which was covered with Carter's blood.

After getting Carter situated in the medbay, Team SuperFlash had revealed their identities to Kendra and explained things to her.

"So, that guy was trying to kill me because he thinks I'm actually the reincarnation of some ancient Egyptian priestess." Kendra said.

"I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. Savage won't stop hunting you until he kills you. The only way you stand a chance against him is for your powers to emerge." Barry said.

"This is crazy. I'm not an ancient Egyptian priestess. I'm just a barista, there's nothing special about me." Kendra said.

"And I was just a CSI before I became the Flash. Just like you, I was a normal human being. Then I got struck by lightning and woke up with these incredible powers. I spent my life believing in the extraordinary, but I never thought I would actually become it. And then I did. No one truly knows what they're capable of until they try. All we're asking you to do, is open your mind to believing this, just a little." Barry said.

"This is a lot to process." Kendra said.

"Look, I know this is a lot, but now that Savage has found you, he won't stop until he gets you. The best way to protect yourself and others is to embrace it." Kara said, not unkindly, but not sugar coating it either.

"Say I am open to believing this, how would I emerge into these powers?" Kendra asked.

"I can show you." Carter said as he and Caitlin joined them.

"Should you be up and about so soon?" Barry asked.

"I'm fine." Carter said.

"He really is. His body heals at a very fast rate. Not as fast as you Barry, but still pretty quickly." Caitlin said.

"You were saying." Barry asked Carter.

"I can show her how to emerge, though I have to admit, it won't exactly be a pleasant or safe experience." Carter said.

"I'll go with you, so that in case her powers don't emerge I can save her until they do." Kara said and Carter and Kendra both nodded as the three of them walked out.

"We're going to need more help." Barry said.

"What do you suggest?" Iris asked.

"I'm calling Oliver, see if Team Arrow can help us out with this." Barry said.

"Perhaps I can also provide some assistance." a new male British voice said and they all turned to see a man with a goatee and wearing a long brown trench coat standing in the doorway of their base.

"Who are you?" Caitlin asked.

"Relax, I'm here to help you stop Vandal Savage." the man said.

"Okay, but who are you?" Barry asked, though he had an idea, since while he'd never met the man, he'd heard enough about him to know who this was.

"My name is Rip Hunter and it is no understatement to that if we do not stop Vandal Savage now, then all of time will be at risk." Rip said.

To be continued in Destiny Rewritten.