Chapter 73

The following day, Kara was standing at a press conference for President Marsdin and she was constantly searching the venue for any signs of attack, though she clapped as the President took the stage.

"Thank you all for coming out today. This promises to be a momentous occasion in Earth's history. While I am not blind as the fact that several invaders have come from the stars, I prefer to focus on the heroes that hail from them as well. Therefore, but signing act of amnesty towards aliens on this planet, I hope to extend our planet's hands in friendship to other worlds, in the hopes that we can both teach each other and also help learn to defend each other as well." Marsdin said and Kara smiled as she raised her hand with the other reporters.

"Yes Ms. Danvers?" Marsdin asked.

"One question I'm sure is on everyone's mind here today is aren't you concerned about any aliens who might see this act as an opportunity to take advantage of the rights you're offering them?" Kara asked and the reason she asked that question was because she figured she was probably one of the only reporters there who could ask the question unbiasedly.

"Of course that is a concern. But then again, there are humans who also take advantage of those very same rights. One of the biggest reasons I feel this act is necessary is because of aliens who feel like they are not treated equally on this planet. This nation itself was founded on the basis of equality and while back then, it may have just been about seeing human beings as equal, the times have changed and the world must learn to adapt to those changes. It is my hope that someday humans and aliens will be able to coexist on this planet peacefully. The passing of this alien amnesty act is the first step towards achieving that goal." Marsdin said as everyone clapped.

Another reporter asked another question on everyone's mind.

"Madam President, do you have any plans on offering these same rights to metahumans in the near future?" Linda Park from the Star City Sentinel asked.

"Right now, metahumans are still classified to fall under human rights, since aside from their powers, they are still considered human beings. However, should the need arise to start addressing that issue, then yes, I hope that action can be taken." Olivia said and that seemed to satisfy everyone as the conference continued on without a hitch.

Later on that day, J'onn was giving the president a tour of the DEO's headquarters.

"I'm glad that your press conference went off without a hitch madam." J'onn said.

"And yet you still think that the alien amnesty act is a mistake." Olivia said knowingly.

"I admit I did think it at first, but well, someone made me realize that the very concerns I have about this could have just as easily been shared by others about me when I first became public. And while I still have my reservation about this, I've come realize that maybe this is for the best." J'onn said.

"Thank you. However, I am afraid that I'm not just here for the signing of the alien amnesty act. I'm also here to get a personal update on the search for Lex Luthor." Olivia said, since even though Lex was human, his actions had made him the DEO's priority over Argus.

"We've started to chase down some new leads and we're also working in conjunction with Supergirl, the Flash and their team in the search." J'onn said.

"Good." Olivia said, right as Supergirl flew into the DEO.

"Supergirl. I hope you didn't come here just to say hello?" Olivia asked and Supergirl smiled at her.

"It's an honor to see you again Madam President, but I actually came here to see J'onn." Supergirl said.

"What is it?" J'onn asked.

"My team's got a potential lead on Lex Luthor's location." Supergirl said.

"Where?" J'onn asked.

"A hidden vault in the mountain range outside of National City. It took some time, but we managed to backtrace the video signal Lex used to broadcast his last message back there." Supergirl said.

"I'll send a strike team to meet you there." J'onn said and Supergirl nodded as she flew back out of the DEO.