Chapter 96

"Well I just got in touch with Wally and gave him the coordinates to meet us at. It sounds like he and Sara have built their own team in National City that will be joining us." Iris said.

"Shouldn't we also be calling in some of our bigger guns like Superman, Green Lantern, Batman, Wonder Woman, maybe even that Aquaman guy?" Laurel asked.

"No. While we're busy dealing with Savage throughout history, we also can't leave the present unprotected. Let's remember, Superman and Batman were the original heroes. They protected this planet long before the rest of us came onto the scene." Kara said and Laurel nodded in understanding.

"Besides, I'm not even sure how we'd get in touch with John, since he's not even on Earth right now and he didn't exactly leave us a way to contact him." Oliver said.

"And we don't exactly have time to scour the universe for one Green Lantern out of millions." Rip said.

"Wait, this ship can go into space to?" Felicity asked.

"No time to geek out. We need to pick up the National City team and get Kendra's powers to emerge. Once we do that, then we can start working on a plan to kill Savage once and for all. Besides, space is sort of overrated. Time travel, now that's cool" Kara said, since she'd traveled through space enough times in her life in both realities for it to have lost its appeal.

"Speaking of, we should go." Carter said to Kendra, who nodded.

"I'll come with in case whatever it is your planning doesn't work." Kara said and Carter nodded at that.

"Good idea." Carter said as Kara followed them out.

"In the meantime, we need to go welcome the new recruits onboard." Oliver said.

"I'll handle that." Barry said.

"Wait, you want her to jump off a building?" Kara asked Carter.

"I admit it's not ideal, but is the only way it works. Before you ask why, know that I've been asking myself that for years." Carter said, right as they heard a scream and turned to see that Kendra was not where she'd been standing a few minutes ago and was currently falling off the building to what looked like an early grave.

But just as Kara was about to fly after her, suddenly, large brown wings emerged from Kendra's shoulders and she soared back up to the top.

"It worked." Kendra said.

"Yeah it did. Now we just need to focus on unlocking the rest of your powers, which should hopefully be easier now that you've emerged." Carter said.

"We can do that on the ship." Kara said and Carter and Kendra both nodded.

At the same time, Barry smiled as he got off the waverider to see Wally, Sara and a few other familiar faces.

"Well, you're looking better than the last time I saw you." Barry said to Wally, who grinned as he walked up and hugged Barry.

"Going off on my own, that was definitely the right call for me. Especially since now I'm calling the shots." Wally said, much to Barry's surprise.

"I thought Sara would be in charge." Barry said.

"Appreciate the faith, but Wally's been in National City longest and knows it the best. Besides, he'd already formed a bit of team when I got here, I just joined the show." Sara said.

"And these are your teammates?" Barry asked.

"Yep." Wally said.

"I thought you were dead." Barry said to one of them.

"Reports of my demise were greatly exaggerated. I've always wanted to say that." Ray Palmer said with his usual smile.

"Ray Palmer is on your team? He doesn't look like a fighter." Barry said.

"Ray is actually the superhero, the ATOM. Maybe you've heard of him." Wally said.

"Rumors about a man who could shrink down. I'm guessing that's you?" Barry asked and Ray nodded.

"I'll explain on the ship." Ray said.

"Okay then, and you two are?" Barry asked the other two people.

"Nate Heywood. But you can call me Steel." Nate said and then, as if to prove why, he steeled up.

"Cool." Barry said as he shook Nate's hand.

"And I'm Nate's girlfriend, Zari Tomaz." Zari said and Barry was surprised, since he thought Zari was younger at this period of time, but they hadn't exactly known what else would change about this reality.

"Nice to meet you. No codename?" Barry asked.

"Vortex." Zari said.

"I'll find out why later. This everyone?" Barry asked.

"Everyone who's coming yes." Wally said.

"Then let's get on board." Barry said as he led them onto the ship.