Chapter 28

After speeding out of the Time Vault, the team regrouped in Kara's loft.

"So, that was something." Iris said.

"Yeah, imagine finding out not only is your boss a homicidal maniac, but he's not even really your boss, he's a completely different person all together." Caitlin said.

"I can't believe I trusted that man. He was a wolf in sheep's clothing. He made himself out to be our friend, we trusted him with our lives and all this time he's been the one who destroyed my family." Barry said.

"What I don't understand is why Wells or Thawne would go through all the trouble of trying to kill you as a child, only to then be the one to turn you into the Flash? What is the point of that?" Kara asked.

"Who knows. Maybe he wanted to take the credit for being the one who created a hero. Hardly seems worth the risk though." Barry said, though he and Cisco exchanged looks, since they already knew why.

"We need a place to put him. Someplace he'll never get out." Iris now said.

"But where. I mean, it's not like Iron Heights or the Pipeline can hold him. I mean he helped us design those cells and he'll probably escape custody before he can be transferred to the DEO or Argus." Cisco said, right as there were lightning strikes outside in a pattern that was too familiar to both Barry and Cisco.

"I didn't realize there was a storm tonight." Iris said.

"There isn't and it's not Mardon either." Kara said.

"No, I think this is something else. I'll go check it out." Barry said as he ran out.

When Barry reached the source of the lightning, he found he was right when he saw a portal in the middle of the city and he ran right into it.

"What do you want?" Barry shouted into the speed force.

"Relax Barry. We're not here to hurt you." the speed force said as it approached him in the form of his mother.

"Then what do you want?" Barry asked.

"To warn you of another consequence of this change in reality and yes we are aware of that." the speed force said.

"I figured. But what is it?" Barry asked.

"In this new reality, Savitar is never created." The speed force said.

"And that's a bad thing because?" Barry asked.

"The speed force prison still exists and unfortunately, the quark sphere that was used to stabilize it is no longer invented. We can only shield it for so long before it is wiped from reality. You know what will happen if the prison is emptied for too long." the speed force said.

"So, any suggestions on who we should toss in it, since I'm assuming if you wanted me to, I'd be back in that prison." Barry said and Speed force nodded.

"You're currently fighting the one meta you were never truly able to beat. Until now." the speed force said and Barry realized what she wanted.

"Thawne." Barry said.

"His race has long since come to an end. Why do you think his speed is so unpredictable now. We let him get away with far too much. And now he will truly pay for his crimes." the speed force said.

"How long do I have to deliver him to you?" Barry asked.

"Time doesn't exist here Barry." the Speed force reminded him.

"Still, just how long until the damage because too severe?" Barry asked.

"Best guess, a few of your days, maybe a week." the Speed force said.

"Then it sounds like Thawne has one week left of freedom." Barry said.

"Before you bring him to us, make sure the world sees him for who he is. Which unfortunately means as Harrison Wells." the speed force said and Barry sighed in acceptance.

"Got it. Since Wells is his current face, he has to take the fall." Barry said as he sped back out of the speed force.