Chapter 126

Barry's next stop on his trip inside Kara's head was her old loft. The first place she called home in Central City.

"Barry, where are you now?" Alex asked.

"Kara's old loft. It seemed like a good bet, considering it was the first place she called home in Central City. But it's another dead end." Barry said.

"Wait, Barry that's it. The first place she called home. Just not in Central City." Alex said.

"What?" Barry asked.

"Barry, you have to go to Midvale." Alex said and now Barry understood.

"The first place she called home on this planet." Barry said.

"Exactly. Our childhood home. It's the one place she always felt safe growing up." Alex said.

"I'm on my way." Barry said as he sped off.

When Barry arrived at the Danvers house in the Midvale, he could tell that this was the place.

"Alex, where in the house would she be?" Barry asked as he entered the house.

"Our room. It's at the end of the hall upstairs." Alex said over the comms.

"Got it." Barry said as he walked up the stairs and sure enough, when he opened the door, he found Kara sitting on one of the beds.

"Kara." Barry asked, getting her attention.

"Barry." Kara said as she got up and hugged him.

"Kara, what happened?" Barry asked.

"Last thing I remember, Reign was beating me senseless and then I woke up here." Kara said.

"Kara, all this it's in your mind." Barry said.

"Yeah I know, I went through something similar the first time I faced Reign. I thought I was strong enough to stop her this time." Kara said.

"Kara, you were exhausted after fighting off two other worldkillers. Reign took advantage of that. But the next time you face her, you'll have me alongside you. You don't have to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders alone anymore. We're a team remember." Barry said as he wiped the tears from Kara's eyes.

"I know, but Barry, after everything I've fought, I can't deny that I have nightmares about losing you to them." Kara said.

"Yeah I know, I already met the Rhea of your mind." Barry said.

"I lost one man I loved to her already. I'm not losing another one." Kara said.

"Kara, Reign is still out there." Barry said.

"And we'll stop her together." Kara said as suddenly, a neural nexus portal appeared.

"What is that?" Kara asked.

"That is our ticket out of here." Barry said and Kara nodded as she took his hand and let him lead her through portal.

Alex was sitting at her sister's side when Barry's eyes opened and he sat up.

"Barry, did you find her?" Alex asked, right as Kara woke up.

"Yeah, he brought me back." Kara said and Alex smiled as she hugged her sister.

"I'm so glad you're okay." Alex said.

"I'm not going anywhere." Kara said, right as a breach opened and Cisco jumped out of it.

"Actually, we should probably get back to Central City." Barry said.

"Can you drop me off in Star City on your way? Laurel had the baby." Alex said.

"I'm sure Cisco and James can handle things at Star Labs and Catco respectively a little longer." Kara said, eager to meet the new baby.

"Let's go." Barry said as he sped out of the ship and Kara grabbed her sister and flew after him.

That night, back in Central City, a woman dressed in what was essentially a black version of Supergirl's suit with a skull glyph on her chest and donning a black mask walked up to an empty alleyway.

"This better be right place." the woman said as she looked down at the device in her hand and sneered at how it was manmade before turning it on and letting project some kind of portal, which the sphere then flew into.

The woman began getting frustrated since after a moments, nothing seemed to happen.

Then, right as a bus drove by the area, a flash of red lightning came speeding out of the portal and bringing with it a wave of dark matter.

The woman followed the flash of lightning all the way out to Keystone where it finally came to a stop to reveal a man in a yellow suit.

"Welcome back Eobard Thawne." the woman said.

"How did I escape?" Thawne asked as he looked around, shocked that he'd returned to earth.

"I brought you back." the woman said, getting Thawne's attention.

"And why would you do that?" Thawne asked.

"Because I need your help." the woman said and now Thawne recognized her from the historical records.

"And what could you possibly need my help for. Reign?" Thawne asked, though he had an idea.

Reign stuck out her hand to him and said "In exchange for giving you your freedom, you have to help me kill Supergirl and the Flash, do we have a deal?"

Thawne grinned evilly.

"Oh yes, we have a deal, as long as you assure my survival of whatever it is you're planning after they're dead." Thawne said.

"Done." Reign said as Thawne shook her hand and both of them grinned.