Chapter 82

"So, what brings J'onn J'onzz back to Mars after all this time?" M'gann asked after she and her freedom fighters had led J'onn and Kara to their base on Mars.

"I was contacted psychically by another Green martian." J'onn said.

"That's not possible." one of the female white martians, N'keyy, said.

"Who do you think it was that reached out to you?" M'gann asked.

"My father, M'yrnn J'onzz." J'onn said.

"That is actually possible. His status would prevent the whites from killing him." Till'all said.

"Why?" Kara asked.

"M'yrnn J'onzz was the high religious leader of the green martians, the prime servant of H'ronmeer. Even the worst of the whites wouldn't dare to kill him. Do you know where he is?" M'gann asked.

"He told me he was being held in a prison camp near the D'orian crater." J'onn said.

"Then that's where we're going. We'll need help though." M'gann said, looking at J'onn and Kara.

"As long as you remember whose side you're on, I'll fight at your side." J'onn said.

"I'm here to support J'onn. Whatever decision he makes, I'll back it, which means I'm also fighting at your side." Kara said and M'gann nodded.

"We don't have much time. The other whites will soon discover J'onn is here if they haven't already. When they do, they'll most likely assume M'yrnn was able to contact him and transfer him to a new facility." M'gann said.

"Do you have any data regarding the prison. If we're gonna do this, we need to make sure we know what we're getting into." Kara asked.

"We should have the basic schematics, but I'm not sure how accurate they are." M'gann said and Kara nodded.

"We'll take what we can get." Kara said as M'gann gestured for Till'all to bring up the plans.

After doing lots of planning, Kara couldn't help but notice J'onn start to wander off.

"J'onn, are you okay. I thought you'd want to be more active in this." Kara said.

"What's the point Kara? I came here to save my father, but I should've been here to do that long before now. But instead, I ran and let my people suffer." J'onn said as Kara placed her hand on his shoulder.

"There was nothing you could've done. You were outnumbered, outmatched and outgunned. You did the only thing you could do." Kara said.

"No, I should've stayed. Instead I ran and let my people be slaughtered and never looked back." J'onn said.

"But now you have and you have a chance to make a difference now. You can save your father." Kara said.

"That won't be enough for me." J'onn said.

"I don't follow." Kara said.

"Saving my father, while it is a start, I feel like I should be doing more." J'onn said.

"J'onn, what are you saying?" Kara asked, but before J'onn could answer, M'gann walked up to them.

"If you two are done, we're preparing to move out." M'gann said.

"Give me a second." J'onn said as he shifted to his green martian form.

"You sure you want to go in there looking like that?" Kara asked.

"I'm not hiding from them anymore. If I'm going to face them, it'll be as myself. Not as a monster. No offense." J'onn said to M'gann.

"None taken. Believe me, there are times I wish I was one of you." M'gann said.

"Wait, what if there was a way you actually could be." Kara said.

"What do you mean?" M'gann asked.

"Did the Whites do anything besides kill the Green Martians?" Kara asked.

"Yes, in order to prevent the greens from spreading, they also developed a means of using their blood to turn green martians into white ones." M'gann said.

"So maybe there's a way to use that process to turn a white martian into a green one." Kara said and M'gann actually looked like she was considering it.

"It would show me just how committed you are to this, not that I doubt you." J'onn said.

"No, I understand. We'll have to look into the computer network at D'orian crater base to see if there's any information that could help with that." M'gann said.

"My father is the priority." J'onn said and M'gann nodded as they prepared to move out.