Chapter 66

Felicity Smoak was currently at her cubicle in Queen Consolidated when someone walked over to her.

"Felicity Smoak?" a male voice said and Felicity looked up and was surprised to see none other than Barry Allen standing outside her cubicle.

"Mr. Allen, how can I help you?" Felicity asked and Barry chuckled.

"Call me Barry please Felicity." Barry said.

"Okay, Barry, how can I help you?" Felicity asked.

"I want to offer you a job at Star Labs." Barry said, much to Felicity's surprise.

"Really?" Felicity asked.

"I keep an eye on interesting talent. You definitely seem to qualify. Top of your class at MIT and very impressive qualifications. It seems to me like you are incredibly overqualified to an IT girl." Barry said.

"What would you have me do?" Felicity asked curiously.

"I'd put you in charge of our new cyber security division, as in viruses, antiviruses, basically anything regarding coding and hacking, that will be your department." Barry said.

"Let me think about it. Okay I'm in." Felicity said, since what Barry was offering her was much better then her crummy IT job here at Queen Consolidated.

"You do realize that this job will require you to move to Central City now." Barry said.

"Yep and I don't mind a fresh start." Felicity said.

"Great, I'll give you some time to get things settled here and come out to Central City." Barry said.

"Thank you so much Mr. Allen." Felicity said and Barry smiled.

"Like I said, please, call me Barry." Barry said as he walked out of the room and leaving Felicity to take a deep breath as she tried to figure out how she was going to tell management that she was quitting.

Later on that day, Barry and Cisco were walking up to the apartment that they knew belonged to Jesse Wells.

"Okay, time to do this." Barry said as he took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

After a few minutes later, they heard the door unlock and then the door opened to reveal a very familiar face.

"Can I help you?" Jesse Wells asked, though after a moment, she recognized Barry.

"Hello, Jesse Wells, can we come in?" Barry asked and Jesse nodded after a moment before showing them into her apartment.

"Thank you." Cisco said.

"So, I recognize you, Barry Allen, from the news, but who are you?" Jesse asked Cisco.

"Cisco Ramon." Cisco said.

"Nice to meet you." Jesse said, holding out her hand to Cisco, who shook it.

"You to." Cisco said.

"So, what brings you guys here?" Jesse asked, though she was fairly certain she had an idea.

"We're here because we want to offer you a position at Star Labs." Barry said.

"What, you mean the facility that was built and run by the man who killed my parents, impersonated my dad and made me think he didn't want me. No thank you." Jesse said.

"You're not the only one who's suffered at the hands of Eobard Thawne. He killed my mother when I was 11 and framed my father for her murder. I hate him with a burning passion, but when he died, he left everything he owned to me, including Star Labs. Now I'm trying to take what he left behind and use it to create a brighter future for everyone. Try and make Star Labs into a true force for good. I'd love your help with that goal, but if you're not interested, I understand." Barry said and Jesse actually looked thoughtful.

"Can I have some time to think about it?" Jesse asked.

"Take all the time you need. If you decide to take the job, you know where to find us." Barry said and Jesse nodded.

"Thank you for your time." Barry said as he and Cisco got up to leave.

It had been a few weeks since Barry and Cisco had gotten back from Star City and Felicity had also moved out to Central City and like Barry had suspected, she'd immediately fit right in with the rest of people in her department and he'd been proven right that Felicity was the best person lead her division of the labs.

Anyways, Barry was sitting in his new office in Star Labs, thankful that Kara had insisted he take business classes at CCU, since now he actually understood this managerial stuff he had to work with.

"Mr. Allen, you have a visitor." his new assistant, Eve Teschmacher, said over the PA.

"Who is it?" Barry asked.

"She says her name is Jesse Wells." Eve said.

"Send her in then." Barry said and a minute later, Jesse entered his office.

"Nice office." Jesse said.

"Thanks, though honestly, I really come in here to do paperwork. I prefer actually helping my scientists in the labs. But anyways, what brings you here?" Barry asked, though he had an idea.

"I did a lot of thinking about what you said and opening this lab was already my parents' dream before they died and now that it's become what they were hoping it would be, it's something I'd like to be a part of. It might even help me feel closer to them." Jesse said.

"Well, the position here is still open for you if want it." Barry said.

"Absolutely, I'd love to work with Star Labs. But, uh, which department will I be working in?" Jesse asked.

"The biochem department. In fact, come with me and I'll introduce you to your new boss." Barry said and Jesse nodded as they left his office and led her to the new biochem division in the lab.

"Whoa, this place is amazing." Jesse said as Caitlin approached them.

"Barry, what brings you here?" Caitlin asked before she noticed the cute young woman standing next to him.

"I wanted to introduce you to the newest member of your team. Dr. Caitlin Snow, this is Star Labs' newest hire, Jesse Wells." Barry said.

"Nice to meet you." Caitlin said as she held out her hand to Jesse who shook it.

"You to Dr. Snow." Jesse said.

"Please, call me Caitlin." Caitlin said and Jesse nodded.

"So Jesse, when do you want to start?" Barry asked.

"I'm still moving into my new apartment here in Central City, so can it wait a few days?" Jesse asked.

"Of course, that'll give me time to get a contract ready for you to sign." Barry said and Jesse nodded as she walked out of the lab.