Chapter 3

The next day, Kara was preparing for the last normal day Central City would ever have, since tonight was the night the particle accelerator exploded and she knew that tomorrow, she'd finally have an excuse to become Supergirl again.

Which was why she was now in Metropolis, because she had something she needed to get from Clark, that is, if he was willing to give it to her.

She knocked on the door to her cousin's apartment and smiled when she saw her cousin standing on the other side.

"Kara, what a pleasant surprise." Clark said as he hugged his cousin.

"Well, I needed to ask you for something and I couldn't do it over the phone." Kara said.

"Okay, and that is?" Clark asked.

"The blanket you were wrapped when you were sent to Earth." Kara said.

"Why?" Clark asked.

"Because with particle accelerator turning tonight, I think that Central City might need it's own hero, just in case something goes wrong and I have a friend who's already made me a suit, but I want a little piece of home as my cape." Kara said and Clark smiled.

"Let me go grab it." Clark said as he went to go grab the blanket from his closet and then returned with it.

"Thank you Clark." Kara said as she took the blanket from him.

"Even if the accelerator goes off without a hitch, the world needs another superhero." Clark said.

"I think I'm finally starting to realize that." Kara said with a smile.

"See you soon Kara." Clark said.

"Oh and Clark, one piece of advice before I go?" Kara asked.

"Yeah sure." Clark said.

"You and Lois were together before I even arrived on Earth. Marry her already." Kara said with a smile.

"I'll think about it, though you do have a point." Clark said.

"Call me when she says yes." Kara said with a smile as she walked out.

That night, Barry was a bit disappointed he hadn't been able to see the accelerator turn on in person, but now he was watching it in his lab while doing fingerprint analysis.

However, what really caught his attention was the reports of something going wrong with the accelerator.

"The storm may have caused a malfunction to the primary cooling system. Officials are now trying to shut down the particle accelerator." Linda Park said over news as Barry saw the accelerator explode from out the window of his lab, completely unaware of what was about to happen.

The accelerator explosion caused dark matter energy to cover all of Central City, hitting people all over.

Martin Stein who was holding the firestorm thermo core was hit by it and was then fused with the core and with Ronnie Raymond, who was in the pipeline trying to stabilize reaction, causing them both to disappear.

Laurel and Sara Lance were on their way back to their mom's after watching the accelerator go off when they were hit by the energy and since they'd been yelling to hear each other over the panicking of the explosion.

Jefferson Jackson was knocked into the wall of the locker room of his high school football stadium by the energy.

The plane Mark and Clyde Mardon went down in the explosion, the energy hitting both of them.

Finally, Barry Allen was struck by lightning from the explosion, sending him flying backwards.

The moment Kara heard him fall, she flew to him and brought him to the hospital. She wished she could've stopped the lightning from hitting him, but she also knew that this had to happen for Barry to become the hero he was always meant to be. And now she also had the chance to be the hero she was always meant to be.

The moment after lightning hit him, Barry found himself in a very familiar situation.

"Do you remember me Mr. Allen?" A familiar voice said and Barry turned to see the Monitor standing behind him and then it all came rushing back to him.

"What happened. Why was I just hit by lightning again?" Barry asked.

"You can thank your friend Oliver Queen for that. While you and Kara Danvers were burning up trying to slow down time, he convinced me to give him an arrow to destroy the book of destiny, but I also gave it a secret function. It allowed him to perform a reality reset back to the day he came home from Lian Yu. The only other people who are aware of what's happened besides myself, him and you are Cisco Ramon and Kara Danvers. The reason Ms. Danvers is on this earth now is because she and other essential members of her earth were on this one when the reset happened, it fused the two earths together." the Monitor said

"Wow." Barry said in disbelief.

"Also, a word of advice, you will still be in a coma for 9 months. I suggest you consider the date you had with Ms. Danvers and how you felt about her and compare it to your relationship with Ms. West. I believe that the elseworlds revealed more truths than one. One more thing, your speed force level will also have transferred over to this new reality with you." the Monitor said and before Barry could say anything else, this realm disappeared and he was bombarded by memories of both of his pasts in both realities.