Chapter 69

"So wait, let me get this straight, my boss is the Flash?" Felicity asked after they'd brought her up to speed.

"And I'm Supergirl, Cisco is Vibe, Iris is Phoenix, Ronnie is Firestorm and Caitlin is Killer Frost." Kara said and Felicity looked in awe.

"And the people who know besides me?" Felicity asked.

"My family, Barry's dad, Iris's parents, Ms. Grant, The Green Arrow and his team, there is actually a bit of a list." Kara said.

"But why did you decide to tell me?" Felicity asked.

"Because we need your help." Barry said.

"What do you need my help for?" Felicity asked.

"We understand that you're pretty good at hacking into government databases." Cisco said.

"Why do you ask?" Felicity asked nervously.

"Because we need those skills now." Barry said, much to Felicity's surprise.

"Really?" Felicity asked.

"Part of the reason I hired you was because of your computer skills. We could use someone like you on our team." Barry said.

"Wait, you want me to join your team. But I don't have any powers." Felicity said.

"Super powers, no. But you're one of the smartest people on Earth and your hacking skills are close to unmatched. And the fact that you don't have super powers is actually one of the reasons we want you to join our team." Barry said.

"Why?" Felicity asked.

"Because, with all of us out in the field, we need someone quarterbacking our missions from here. You seemed like a good candidate." Kara said.

"So, are you in?" Barry asked.

"Hell yes, I get to not only run a division of Star Labs, but also be part of Supergirl and the Flash's team." Felicity said and Barry and Kara smiled.

"Well, let's show you to your new work station." Barry said as he led Felicity over to the computers and she immediately felt like she was home.

"So, where am I hacking into exactly?" Felicity asked as she adjusted to her new chair and got to work typing.

"Stryker Island Penitentiary." Kara said, making Felicity look up.

"Wait, isn't that where Lex Luthor was being held before he escaped?" Felicity asked.

"Yes and right now we're trying to figure out how exactly he escaped." Kara said and Felicity nodded as Wally sped into the room.

"Okay, no one told me we were getting a new member." Wally said and Barry sighed.

"Well to be fair, we never knew where you were, so can you blame us?" Barry asked and Wally sighed.

"I guess not. But Barry, can we talk?" Wally asked.

"In a minute." Barry said, though he had an idea of what Wally wanted to talk about, though Wally nodded.

"So, why am I going to be hacking into Stryker Island?" Felicity asked.

"We need records of every employee they have, along with which one of them were working the day Lex escaped prison." Kara explained and Felicity nodded.

"You're trying to find some kind of paper trail that can lead you to Lex." Felicity said.

"Pretty much." Kara said.

"I'm on it." Felicity said as she got to work and Barry decided that now was the best time to talk to Wally and pulled him aside.

"So what's up?" Barry asked.

"Did you guys even think to try and look for me?" Wally asked and Barry sighed.

"No, I guess we didn't." Barry said.

"That's what I thought. Barry, it's clear that you guys don't need me here." Wally said.

"Wally, what are you saying?" Barry asked.

"What I'm saying is that between you and the rest of the team, Central City is covered. But there are other cities out there that could use a resident superhero." Wally said and Barry nodded.

"I'm sorry to see you go, but every hero has their own path. If you think that your's is leading you in a new direction, then you owe it to yourself to go." Barry said.

"You sure?" Wally asked.

"I just have one condition." Barry said.

"And that is?" Wally asked.

"You still have a lot to learn Wally. I mean, you've learned a lot in a short time since you got your powers, but you still have more to learn. I want you to promise that you'll come back at least once a week for training so you can learn some of the more advanced aspects of your powers." Barry said.

"I can live with that." Wally said with a smile as he and Barry shook hands.

"Just remember, Central City will always be the home of Kid Flash." Barry said.

"Is that really what we're calling me?" Wally asked and Barry laughed.

"Yeah, you're stuck with it." Barry confirmed and Wally sighed.

"I'll learn to love it." Wally said.

"Wait, what about your mom?" Barry asked, since Francine had told them about her cancer and Star Labs was now helping pay for her treatments and they were actually helping.

"I talked to both my parents and they both had different reactions, but they both agreed that if this was what I felt I needed to do then I should do it. Besides, one of the perks of being a speedster. If any of you need me, I'll come running." Wally said and Barry smiled.

"And the same is true for all of us if you need us. Now, I think we should tell the others." Barry said and Wally nodded as they headed back into the SuperFlash cave.