Chapter 42

"Okay Kara, where are you taking us?" Barry asked her as his girlfriend led him, Cisco, Iris and Caitlin into some kind of bar.

"I found this place while I was doing some research for a story. Take a close look around." Kara said as they did so.

"Wait, are those aliens?" Cisco asked and Kara nodded.

"This dive bar is one of the few places in Central City where aliens and humans can interact freely. I was actually thinking of doing a story on it." Kara said.

"Wait, seriously?" Barry said, impressed.

"Yeah, it's a sign that despite what certain groups of people seem to think, humans and aliens can coexist peacefully on this planet." Kara said.

"Nice." Barry said.

"Tell me about it. This is the first place in a while where I actually don't feel alone. I'm not the only alien around." Kara said.

"Must be a nice feeling." Cisco said.

"You have no idea. I brought you guys here so we could have some R&R time." Kara said.

"I have no problems with that." Cisco said.

"I'll go get us a round. Human drinks for you only." Kara said warningly.

"Wait, are you saying that they've got alien alcohol here?" Iris asked.

"Yes and the only member of our little group who's drinking any of it is the only one who's an actual alien." Kara said, since she wasn't quite as conservative as she'd been before. Now she actually loosened up a bit and let herself indulge in some more recreational activities, like drinking actual booze instead of always club soda.

"Oh come on." Cisco complained, but Kara silenced him with a look before going to the bar and was only slightly surprised at who she saw standing behind it.

"What can I get you?" M'gann M'orzz asked her.

"4 beers and a bottle of Sakaran ale." Kara said.

"Coming right up." M'gann said.

"So, I have to ask, which one are you?" Kara asked.

"Excuse me?" M'gann asked, confused.

"Are you human or alien?" Kara asked, though she already knew the answer.

"I'll answer that question if you will." M'gann said.

"Hey, I'm just curious. I'm a reporter, so asking questions is sort of my job. I wasn't trying to put you on the spot." Kara said.

"Sorry, it's just, I'm a little touchy about the subject." M'gann said.

"Just so you know, we're off the record, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you're an alien?" Kara asked and M'gann nodded.

"I am and since I don't really know you, you'll understand if I don't feel like telling you more right now." M'gann said and Kara nodded.

"Of course." Kara said as M'gann handed her the drinks.

"Thank you." Kara said as she paid before walking back over to her friends.

"What was that about?" Iris asked.

"I was just curious. I'm pretty sure that the staff here are all aliens." Kara said.

"Explains why it's so friendly to them then." Cisco said as he noticed Kara's drink and he wasn't the only one.

"What's that?" Caitlin asked.

"Sakaran ale. While it's strong, it's not strong enough to get me drunk, but I'm pretty sure that while humans can drink it, a single shot would have both humans and speedsters drunken under the table." Kara said as she sipped her drink.

"Man, that stuff must be strong then." Cisco said.

"You have no idea." Kara said as she took another sip of her drink.