Chapter 37

When Flash and Supergirl exited the breach into the DEO, Alura immediately began fussing over her daughter.

"Are you okay?" Alura asked, since Kara seemed to be leaning on Barry.

"Yeah, yeah, just a little drained." Kara said.

"She used up a lot of energy when she was fighting Non, I've never seen her heat vision that strong." Barry said as he pulled off his mask.

"I'm guessing she solar flared." Jeremiah said.

"What does that mean?" Zor-El asked.

"Relax dad, it just means that I drained my body's supply of yellow sun radiation. Clark coined the term. It basically means that I'm human for a few days while my cells recharge." Kara explained and Jeremiah nodded.

"This does mean however that until Kara's body recharges, she's going to have to take a break from being Supergirl for her own safety." Jeremiah said.

"Good thing Central City has the Flash then." Barry said.

"Not to mention Vibe, Phoenix and Firestorm." Kara added, honestly a bit relieved that unlike the first time she'd solar flared, her city wouldn't be left vulnerable in her absence.

"Well then, I guess that means our daughter can spend time with us without interruption." Alura said, relieved that it wasn't anything too serious.

"Actually, I do have a job on this planet, which reminds me, I need to get some sleep before work tomorrow." Kara said.

"I'll run you home." Barry said.

"I'll be by tomorrow. We can get lunch." Kara said as she hugged both her parents.

"Are you sure you'll be okay?" Zor-El asked her.

"I'll be fine. Honestly, it'll be a relief to actually feel normal for a change. Something I haven't really felt since before Krypton died. I promise I'll be fine." Kara said as she nodded towards Barry to get her out of here, since she was starting to feel smothered by her parents and he then sped her out of there.

"It's not easy letting go is it?" Jeremiah asked them with a smile.

"The last time we saw Kara, she was a 13 year old girl. Now she's a fully grown up woman. I guess it will just take time for us to get used to the fact that Kara doesn't need us in the same capacity she used to anymore." Zor-El said.

"I'm sure she still wants you in her life. Just not treating her like the child she was the last time you saw her.

When they arrived at her apartment, Barry sighed as he set Kara back down on the couch before sitting back down next to her.

"So, crazy night huh." Barry said.

"Yeah tell me about it. Not only do I get my parents back, but we also take down Non and I also blow out my powers." Kara said.

"You sure you're okay with that?" Barry asked.

"I mean I'd never solar flare intentionally, but yeah, I'll be fine, mostly because I know that Central City will still be protected in my absence. Unlike the first time I solar flared on Earth 38. There was an earthquake in National City and it caused a lot of chaos. A lot of people died because I couldn't save them. Also, I broke my arm and got sick." Kara said.

"Sounds like you got a crash course in being human then." Barry said, causing Kara to smack him and one plus was that this time, she didn't have to worry about her strength.

"But on a different note, as happy as you are to have your parents back, you seemed to be awfully quick to want to get away from them." Barry said.

"Look, I love them and believe me, I'm glad they're alive, but they were starting to smother me. It's just going to take some time for them to realize that I'm not a kid anymore and figure out how to fit into my life now." Kara said.

"I get that. But man, it must be incredible to find out that not only are your parents still alive, but so is an entire chunk of your home planet. The city you grew up in." Barry said and Kara smiled.

"Actually, in the old reality, Argo survived to. In fact, I was thinking about searching for it if my parents ship didn't come here, but this reality has made some definite changes to." Kara said.

"Like what?" Barry asked.

"Well for one thing, by the time I found out about Argo, my father had already passed away." Kara said.

"So before it was only your mom who survived." Barry said and Kara nodded.

"Another change is that my mother actually thought I was dead when she saw my pod get knocked into the phantom zone. But in this reality, she and my father not only never gave up hope I survived, but they were also willing to brave the phantom zone to find me." Kara said.

"Sounds like in this reality, you got nearly everything you wanted." Barry said.

"Well, things aren't perfect, but this is close enough. I mean, I have my parents back, both biological and foster, Alex is happy with a job and a woman she loves in Star City, I've found a balance between being Kara and being Supergirl, Central City is safe for the time being and I've got you." Kara said.

"Me?" Barry asked.

"Barry, I've had a crush on you since the day you accidentally breached to my earth. I never said anything because it seemed like you had feelings for someone else." Kara said.

"Well, now I'm all yours." Barry said as Kara wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Yeah, you are." Kara said with a smile as she kissed him.

"Wow, where's this coming from?" Barry asked, since he and Kara hadn't gotten this far yet.

"Well, there is one perk of being human I've never been able to take advantage of until now. Not having to hold back at all." Kara said as she pulled him into an even deeper kiss and this time, Barry just went with it and kissed her back.