Chapter 125

And now we're back to Love Rewritten. The reason I chose to do this chapter before the next chapter of Destiny Rewritten is because of what happened to Kara in the last chapter of this story, since I'm fairly certain that Alex would not be so willing to leave Kara's side until she woke up. Hope you like the chapter.

"So how is she?" Alex asked Brainy as they, Barry, Mon-El, Imra and Sara stood around Kara's comatose body.

"She's stable, but her injuries from her time in Juru were extensive. The only thing that saved her was the combination of yellow sun lamps and healing pods from the Legion ship that saved her. Physically, she's fine, but mentally, it's another story. She's closed herself off." Brainy said.

"Can't you wake her up?" Barry asked.

"Well, there might be one way." Brainy said.

"We're listening." Alex said.

"I think I can project myself into her consciousness, maybe I can wake her up." Brainy asked.

"No offense, but I think that you just showing up in Kara's mind might freak her out." Barry said.

"What do you recommend?" Alex asked, knowing Barry well enough to know he had an idea.

"Does it have to be you who goes in or can you send anyone into her mind?" Barry asked.

"Yes, why do you ask?" Brainy asked.

"Send me in. I'm her husband, if anyone can get her to wake up, it's me." Barry said, adding silently that he was probably the only one who could give Kara the support she needed.

"It's worth a shot." Alex said.

"Very well. Let us proceed." Brainy said and Barry nodded.

"How do we do this?" Barry asked.

"I place these crowns on both yours and Supergirl's heads and then I use them to link your thoughts and project your consciousness into hers. Once you do that, you'll have to find Kara's inner self and guide out of a neural nexus portal. But I have to warn you, if Kara was going to wake up on her own, she would've done so by now. Whatever it is that's keeping her trapped in her mind, it will likely put up defenses." Brainy said.

"I'm not coming back without her." Barry said.

"You better not." Alex said as Brainy placed the crown on Barry's head and then another on Kara's.

"One final warning. If you die while in Kara's mind, you'll die out here as well." Brainy said.

"I figured as much." Barry said as Mon-El brought up a second cot for Barry to lie down on.

"Sending you into Kara's mind in three, two, one." Brainy said as Barry closed his eyes.

"So what do we do now?" Alex asked as Sara's phone rang and she saw it was her father before walking away to answer it.

"We wait." Brainy said as Sara rejoined them.

"Actually, I need to get Wally to superspeed me over to Star City." Sara said.

"Really, why?" Alex asked.

"Laurel is in labor. I know, with everything going on with Kara right now." Sara said, looking at her fiance, who just smiled.

"Go, your sister needs you. I'll join you out there once Kara wakes up." Alex said and Sara smiled.

"I love you." Sara said as she kissed her.

"Give Oliver and Laurel my best." Alex said and Sara smiled and nodded before walking out of Legion ship.

When Barry opened his eyes, he found himself in what looked like Central City.

"Whoa. Deja vu." Barry muttered as he remembered his little stroll inside the Thinker's mind.

"Brainy, please tell me you can hear me?" Barry asked.

"Loud and clear." Brainy said over Barry's suit's comms, since Barry had been wearing his flash suit when he'd entered his wife's mind.

"Okay so, it looks like I'm in Central City." Barry said.

"Kara's memories, it makes sense that she'd hide in there." Brainy said.

"So, where should I go?" Barry asked.

"I'd recommend searching places that have some sort of emotional significance to Kara." Brainy said.

"Try your house." Alex said over the comms.

"Copy that." Barry said as he sped through this city towards his current home, only to be disappointed.

"The place is empty." Barry said, since the house was completely barren and deserted, like no one was there.

"Where am I supposed to go now?" Barry asked.

"Try Catco. Kara loves that place." Alex said.

"True." Barry said as he sped towards Catco, only to find the office deserted.

"No luck." Barry said when he heard a new voice behind him.

"You won't find her." the voice said as Barry turned to see a woman that he recognized from Kara's stories as Queen Rhea of Daxam.

"Rhea." Barry said.

"She deserves her fate. She took everything from me." Rhea said.

"You had it coming from what I heard. Now tell me where she is." Barry demanded.

"I'll never help you." Rhea said, right as she lunged at him, but Barry just vibrated his hand like he'd done to Solovar and rammed it into Rhea's gut.

"Hitting a woman, not very hero like." Rhea said.

"You're not real. You're just a memory. Now where is my wife." Barry asked.

"Careful what you ask for Flash. You may not like what you find." Rhea said as she disappeared.