Chapter 142

"Ms. Arias, it's nice to see you up and about." Sam's doctor, Clayton Harris, said as he entered her room.

"Thank you doctor, but how long exactly are you going to be keeping me here now that I'm awake?" Sam asked.

"Actually, what I came here to tell you is that Star Labs has requested that you be transferred to their custody and considering the fact that the last coma patient they treated there is now the company's CEO, we saw no reason not to approve." Dr. Harris said.

"Okay then, so when is that happening?" Sam asked as Caitlin entered the room.

"Right now. I'm Dr. Caitlin Snow. I work very closely with Barry Allen, I was actually the doctor who treated him while he was in his coma." Caitlin said and Sam nodded as she understood what Caitlin meant. She was a part of Kara and Barry's team.

"Let's go." Sam said and Caitlin nodded.

"I'll give you a chance to change into some real clothes first though." Caitlin said and Sam nodded gratefully.

"So, this is your base. Nice." Sam said as Caitlin showed her into the base.

"Thank you. We built it directly inside the old particle accelerator, since it's been decommissioned and marked off." Barry said.

"Smart." Sam said as Kara entered with Mon-El, Imra and Brainy.

"Sam, these are the people who helped save your life." Kara said, introducing them.

"Nice to meet you." Sam said, though she didn't know their names.

"Mon-El." Mon-El said as he held out his hand to Sam, who shook it.

"Nice to meet you." Sam said as she looked at Mon-El's two compatriots.

"Imra." Imra said as she and Sam then shook hands.

"I'm Querl, but everyone calls me Brainy." Brainy said.

"Brainy's the one who allowed us to send you to the dark valley in the first place." Kara said.

"Okay, so, Cisco, Caitlin, Jesse, even Felicity, I've already met, but who's this?" Sam asked as she noticed other team members before referring to Thawne.

"He's someone we're only keeping around for you to use as a punching dummy if you kept your powers." Barry said.

"Who is he?" Sam asked.

"This is Eobard Thawne. The man who killed Barry's mother, Jesse's parents, blew up Central City and is also responsible for you nearly dying in a coma in the first place." Kara said.

"What do you mean?" Sam asked, her voice dangerously still and it almost reminded Kara of her former counterpart.

"While Reign awakened on her own, Thawne's the one who separated you into two beings, which nearly killed you, since Reign was feeding off your energy like a parasite." Barry said, causing Sam to glare at Thawne.

"You nearly killed me." Sam said.

"And then I helped save your life." Thawne said.

"Which wouldn't have needed to be saved if you hadn't had split Reign and I up to begin with." Sam said as she stormed right up to Thawne and gripped both of his wrists tightly.

"Well, I think she's got powers, since no human could grip my hands tightly enough to break them." Thawne said as they heard the sound of metal being crushed and technology shorting out.

"What was that?" Barry asked, hoping it wasn't what he thought it was.

"Well, would you look at that." Thawne said as he saw that Sam inadvertently crushed the cuffs he was wearing.

"No." Barry said.

"How? Those things were made of Nth metal." Kara said.

"It was simple really. With my intellect, I found ways to superheat and super cool these cuffs without making it look like I had." Thawne said.

"Making them brittle enough to be crushed." Barry said.

"Yep. Thank you Ms. Arias." Thawne said as Sam backed away from him.

"For what?" Sam asked.

"For giving me the keys to my escape." Thawne said with a grin as his eyes turned red, red lightning crackled around him and then suddenly, he sped out.

"No." Barry shouted as he activated his suit and sped after him, Jesse not far behind.