Chapter 20

With Kara in Star City, Barry had begun to truly stretch his legs at regaining his status as the hero of Central City, a role that Kara had sort of usurped.

Anyways, Barry was currently racing around the city when his comms went off.

"Barry, think you're about to get your first real superhero take down." Cisco said over the comms.

"Really, why's that?" Barry asked.

"Reports are coming in of a meta generating a tidal wave off shore." Cisco said.

"Any chance you got an id on him?" Barry asked.

"Mark Mardon. Phoenix is currently en route, patching you through to her comms now." Caitlin said over the comms.

"Okay Phoenix, divide and conquer. You take down Mardon, I'll see if I can stop that wave." the Flash said as he sped towards the pier.

"Got it, I'm almost there." Phoenix said as she flew through the sky.

"Copy." Flash said.

"Any ideas on how you're going to stop a tidal wave?" Phoenix asked.

"Only one. Fight one wave with another." Flash said as he sped right past Mardon into the sea and began dragging his feet into the water as he ran back and forth, generating his own tidal wave.

"Please work." Flash said, hoping his speed wouldn't be enough to tip Thawne off to anything, but he had no choice but to do this, since he refused ever time travel again, even by just a few minutes.

While the Flash was playing wave breaker, Phoenix confronted Mardon.

"Mark Mardon, I thought you were dead." Phoenix said, her eyes and hair on fire to keep her identity a secret.

"Well, it looks you're out of luck." Mardon said.

"I'm just curious, can you generate a tidal wave and also defend against this?" Phoenix asked as she fire blasted him, causing Mardon to duck quickly.

"Keep him distracted. I'm trying to stop his wave, but I can only do that if he doesn't have time to attack." Flash said in her comms.

"Working on it." Phoenix said as she fire blasted him again.

"Nice. But a wave isn't the only trick I have up my sleeve." Mardon said as he generated a storm cloud with rain that put out her fire.

"Vibe, we were wrong. It isn't just water Mardon can control, it's all weather." Phoenix said into her comms.

"Well, last time I checked, fire isn't weather, which means he's got no power over you. You just need to make sure he can't put out your flames again while Flash deals with wave, which by the way, is awesome." Cisco said as he, Caitlin and Wells watched Barry generate a tidal wave.

"How fast is he going?" Wells asked as Cisco looked over and to his surprise, Barry was only going fast enough to run on water, which appeared to be all he needed to create a tidal wave, though it was probably taking longer than it could be to keep the cover.

"It looks he's running just fast enough to be able to run on water. Still, his plan is solid. If he can generate a wave big enough, it'll crash into Mardon's before it has a chance to hit the city." Cisco said.

"Let's hope it works and hope that Iris can keep Mardon busy until he can join her." Caitlin said and neither Cisco or Wells missed how her voice changed slightly when she said Iris's name.

"Yes, let's hope so." Wells agreed.

The Flash had finally built up a large enough tidal wave to counter Mardon's, he dragged the water with him as his wave crashed into Mardon's wave, resulting in a huge splash, but both waves disappeared after crashing into each other.

"Phoenix, the wave is dealt with, I'm on my way back to help." Flash said.

"Copy that." Phoenix said as she began dodging Mardon's lightning strikes and also lobbing fireballs at him.

"Line him up for me." the Flash said.

"Already did." Phoenix said as she lined up Mardon for the Flash to speed punch him, and send him flying to the ground as Phoenix then placed newly developed metahuman cuffs on him as the cops arrived.

"Freeze." a familiar voice called, causing Iris to make sure her eyes and hair were ignited to make sure her identity was safe.

"You're welcome for doing your job for you detective." Phoenix said as she tossed Mardon in front of him.

"Mark Mardon. But he's dead." Joe said.

"And yet here he is detective. And by the way, not all Metahumans are evil." Phoenix as the Flash joined her and Joe nearly fainted as he saw half of what Barry had described when his mother died. A man with yellow lightning in a red suit. If that was possible, then maybe the man in the yellow suit was real to.

"What are those things on his wrists?" Joe asked.

"Latest invention from Star Labs, cuffs designed to dampen metahuman powers. I wouldn't recommend removing them." Flash said as he sped off and Phoenix flew off after him.