Chapter 78. Rumour has it

Wayo's POV

Classes for today ended and i texted P'Pha but he hasn't been responded. I texted P'Kit and P'Beam in our groupchat but they say they don't know where P'Pha is. They were supposed to meet in the cafetaria after class but he never came, but he wasn't in the classroom either or at the classroom for his lab. I am slightly alarmed but he'll be okay. P'Pha will just text me when he can. I'm currently waiting for P'Kit and Ming just standing in the hallway with the angels, Nate and Cake who just joined us. Ming would pick up P'Kit first then drive us to the store, and these angels won't give away a chance to group Ming. He might not be the University Moon, but he is still a guy a lot of people fall for. Even if they knew he is taken. 

People would sometimes look at me weirdly as they passed by our group. Some looked at me pitiful, some sympathetically, some like i was something weird or strange. I'm still wondering how all these rumours started, there is no one that would just tell my secrets right? I know i can trust my friends, maybe the angels were just talking amongst themselves and someone eavesdropped, i can't hold that against them. Whatever it's just a petty rumour, it will fade in just another week or so like all other rumours usually do.

As we are talking, we start walking to the cafeteria. It is packed again, all the stalls at some of the other faculties are still closed and it is becoming annoying right now. I wonder if Ming and P'Kit will be able to find me in this mass. Peoples heads turn towards me the moment they see me, even faces i've never seen before. That must mean the rumour has spread across the whole campus, great! I try to ignore them but all the talking and whispers are starting to get really annoying.

"Is he really poor now?" "Does he live on the streets? I haven't seen him at the dorms." "So sad, he just became the campus moon." "Does he need to leave the school?" "His dad disowned him, maybe i can be his new daddy." "He only got into this school because of his daddy, now he probably has to become a prostitute. Since he only has looks." "Did his father disown him because he couldn't give him grandkids?" "I also heard that P'Pha left him as well." "Someone told me he slept with a guy for tuition money." "Maybe when P'Pha leaves him, i'll have a chance with him." "Rumour has it that P'Pha is already planning to break up with him."

Where are people thinking of all these theories? Yes my fake dad practically disowned me. Am i poor? No, my biological father, late mother and staff family are still taking care of me. Am i going to whore myself out? No, i'm loyal to P'Pha even if i had to live on the streets i wouldn't give myself to anybody else...maybe Ming but that's if i was forced to so that will never happen.

The angels were encouraging me to just ignore them and would yell at them to stop staring and gossiping but it didn't help. I just rested my forehead on the table and tried to shun everything else out. It worked for a couple of minutes before some random guy tapped me on the shoulder. I turned around and looked up at him. The angels are glaring at him and i just raise an eyebrow, i've never seen him before and if he just wants to verify the rumours i will personally beat his ass.

"Can i help you?" I ask him, he is pretty tall so i actually stand up just to not strain my neck.

"You can. I was wondering, do you maybe need someone. I can be a shoulder for you to cry on you know."

"Does it look like i'm crying?"

"You're just trying to act tough, don't worry no need to keep your walls up with me." He suddenly gets closer and i'm starting to panic a little. The angels are still trying to asses the situation. They are just as frozen as me.

"C-can you please move away from me. I don't need someone like you to help me."

"But i think you do, i can make you feel real good you know." He snakes his arm around my waist, i look at the angels for help but they just look away at something else. I can't see what they are looking at since this guy is in front of me. I wanted to get him away from me, but even before i could pry his arm off me or push him away, he was already being held by the throat by someone else. So he decides to ignore my texts and instead come to my faculty? Without notifying me? Not that i'm angry about it, he just saved me from this weird ass student. A student who doesn't know who i am dating.