Chapter 25. Scratched but not Broken

Beam's POV

It all happened so fast, one moment i was with Forth going home and the next i am waking up in a hospital bed. I try to move and my body hurts. My hand is in a cast and i have bandages around my chest with an IV needle in my other hand. I manage to sit up straight, my legs seem to be fine altough they feel a bit numbed. I look around me and see the silhuette of another person laying next to me behind a curtain. I remember being with Forth when the accident happened but not seeing him here made me worry, was the person next to me Forth?

I Shuddered as i stood up and pulled the curtain that was between us to the side, all i was thinking, all i was hoping for. 'Please...Don't let this be Forth'

However my hopes seemed to be for naught and the tears started flowing like i have never done before. In the bed beside me was indeed the person i came with. Forth.

I took the IV stand and made my way over to stand next to Forth. He seemed to still be sleeping or even worse, unconsious. His injuries were way more severe then mine. Stitches on his forehead, bandages covering his stomach and his leg in a cast and a big bruise that covered quite a big area on his arm. He had an IV needle in his hand just like me but there were more wires and tubes connected to him to check his Heartrate and to support his breathing. I was gasping for air, i might as well put on an oxygen mask. I sit on a chair next to his bed as i stroke his hair gently. 'Forth, please be okay, please don't leave me.' were the only words crossing my mind. I stayed next to not leaving his side until a doctor came into the room. The doctor was a man that was around his 40's and looked like a really nice and gentle man.

"Oh, Nong Beam. Are you feeling okay?" The doctor asked.

I wiped away the remainder of tears on my face before i spoke "I'm okay, but i can't remember that well what happened."

"You were in a car accident. A speeding car hit you from the side and as you can see Nong Forth took most of the impact." I suddenly remember the crash and remember Forth trying to shield me before i blacked out. 

"Always protecting me Ai'Forth." i spoke quietly to myself, looking at Forth still stroking his face.

"You were left with a Fractured Forearm and 2 broken ribs, you also had a few bruises on your chest but those didn't seem to show any internal pains or bleedings. As for Nong Forth, he had an open wound on his forehead which caused a lot of blood loss, his leg had a severe double fracture, 4 broken ribs and his arm suffered from a lack of oxygen causing it to be slighly numb and discolored but it doesn't seem to be permanent. As for his current state, he is currently just asleep he woke up a bit after the operations but you were still asleep so he is stable but his breathing and heartrate were a bit irradical when he came in so we put him on the oxygen support. He will be fine Nong it will just take some time."

"Thank you so much P'." I tried giving him a wai but my arm was not currently helping.

"By the way Nong'Beam, we didn't have any contactinformation for you and Forth, so is there anyone you like to contact and on leave can you give us the information of a contactperson?"

"I will contact someone myself P', as for my contactperson can you fill in Forth's information."

"Okay then, he will be the person who will be contacted the moment you get into the hospital again, but try not to get yourself back in here okay." He showed me a laughing smile before he waved and left the room. Knowing that Forth is going to be okay calmed my anxious mind tremendously. First thing i did was contact Kit, i did not want my parents to find out about this. If they found out i let Forth drive my car and we got into an accident they would try to rip me away from Forth, shoving all the blame on his even in this state.