Chapter 45. A Suprising Finale

Ming's POV

The votes have been counted and we changed back into our school uniform's. This was the deciding moment. The award ceremony. If i don't become the campus moon i'll be known as the Moon that let down Engineering around my faculty. Engineering Moons have been the University Moons for 3 years in a row, i did not want to be the one to let them down, yet my seniors from my faculty who should've been supporting me all gave their votes to Yo. I knew they should've picked Ai'Kong as our representative. However it's too late to backtrack. I made my decision to win and to make P'Kit mine when i do. I did my best and that's all i could do, now the results are in the hands of the judges.

"The votes have been counted people, so it's time to get our finale started!" The MC loudly cheered out earning applause from the attendants.

"You have seen all the Moon and Stars and of course their amazing talents, now our judges have made their decision and it is time to begin with the award ceremony." The crowd cheering and shouting until the MC signed them to quiet down.

"Now let's begin with the Mr. and Mrs. Popular Vote shall we? This years Mrs. Popular vote will be going to~...."

"Nong Gookhai from the faculty of Fine Arts!" I already had a hunch who would win this price, she basically walked around naked as a talent for votes, i can't say i agree with it but it did get her some popularity from the guys. She walked up to the middle in the front and waited, but again i can already guess the next winner.

"And this years Mr. Popular vote goes to~..."

"Nong Wayo from the faculty of Science!" Of course my friend would win, i mean his 'hubby' got him 99 roses, that was probably already enough to make him win. But then again every other faculty even seemed to be supporting Yo instead of their own Juniors. He quickly became quite the popular boy i have to say. Then a quick moment after Yo walked up to stand next to Gookhai, one of the professors, P'Pring and P'Pha walk up. P'Pring puts the sash around Gookhai and P'Pha puts it around Yo. However when P'Pha puts the sash around Yo he was whispering something into Yo's ear. I don't know what he said but my friend was clearly shook as he turned his head to P'Pha and i could see how red his ears were. We didn't know this but apparently P'Pha was last years Mr. Popular vote despite Forth winning the competition, people found P'Pha more charming P'Forth but it was more about the judges' votes that made P'Forth win. Not that i think P'Forth doesn't deserve it, he has been a great campus moon. After the sashes got put on they took a picture with the professor and the seniors with a big piece of paper or cardboard that the professor took backstage after they had taken the pictures and left. Yo and Gookhai stood back in their spot and the ceremony continued again.

"Now let's get to the 2nd Runner up Moon and Star. The 2nd Runner up Moon and Star are~..."

"Nong Suthee from the Faculty of Medicine and Nong Gookhai from the Faculty of Fine Arts!" I looked at Suthee and Gookhai, Suthee seemed pleasently suprised but i don't think Gookhai was happy with getting 3rd place. Her face is sullen and she basically drags herself to the middle, faking a smile. I applaud, partially for Suthee and partially because this means i might have a better chance to win. I'm selfish i know...

Last years 2nd Runner ups come on stage with a different professor this time and then i noticed, P'Park was last years 2nd runner up? Suthee turned to him and his face lit up again, Park was smiling as he walked closer to Suthee, putting the sash around him and gave him a cheeky kiss on the cheek, earning him some howls and "oee"'s from the crowd, of course embarrassing Suthee. I don't really know the name of last years 2nd runner up star however, i don't think i have seen her around the practice site before. Then again the only time i saw Park was when he was harrassing Kit. It's probably the fact that only P'Forth and P'Pring got exclusion from class to help the junior moons and stars, the runner ups were probably too busy with their usual schedules.